training

For all kinds of running related discussions, from sprinting to marathon, training to equipment. Also the forum for international <a href="http://www.veganrunners.org">veganrunners.org</a> network.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

training

Postby runner » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:55 am

Today I gave my first training.

The group +/- 20 people reacted pretty ok.

In spring a new season starts, but between with the exception off uk weekend I'll train this beginners or semi beginners group.

Most off the people could be my parents, but I did not get any remarks..

guess the most importand is to be clear and to show how things should be done..

if i still like it after a couple off months i might go for a trainers course.. they are pretty dificult.. but good
support this wonderfull organisation:
http://www.towerhillstables.com
runner

Postby fredrikw » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:57 am

sounds fun, training/coaching is really cool, and a great way of learning a lot about yourself and your sport. good luck with it!
--- non-racers. the emptiness of those lives shocks me ---
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby littlegirlbunny » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:13 pm

[quote]Today I gave my first training.

The group +/- 20 people reacted pretty ok.

In spring a new season starts, but between with the exception off uk weekend I'll train this beginners or semi beginners group.

Thats cool - what sort of thing are you going to get them doing? Do you have to keep encouraging them to keep going?

[quote]Most off the people could be my parents, but I did not get any remarks..

:lol:

[quote]guess the most importand is to be clear and to show how things should be done..

if i still like it after a couple off months i might go for a trainers course.. they are pretty dificult.. but good

I think you would be great at being a trainer :D Would you be able to fit the study in with your other studies?
"life with littlegirlbunny is never dull"
littlegirlbunny

Postby runner » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:48 pm

[quote]sounds fun, training/coaching is really cool, and a great way of learning a lot about yourself and your sport. good luck with it!

thanks

[quote]Thats cool - what sort of thing are you going to get them doing? Do you have to keep encouraging them to keep going?

today thay did a warmup then some excercises during the run.. than technical excercises.. than 5x 1.5 minutes run with 1 minute break..

than i had to much time over so did some diferent things like running backwards and than forward.. and some fast and slow run as dessert

[quote]I think you would be great at being a trainer Very Happy Would you be able to fit the study in with your other studies?

merci!!
guess it's on sathurdays.. but it might be a problem anyway with time shortage.. but it would start in september so i've some time to think about it..[/quote]
runner

Re: training

Postby ultra_whippet » Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:48 pm

[quote="runner"]

Brilliant :D , I guess it must be difficult finding the time to do a course, but I hope you can. What sort of course is it exactly? Do you get some sort of qualification at the end of it?
ultra_whippet

Postby runner » Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:38 pm

A course from the royal dutch atletics federation. knau.nl

when finished i should have running coach one..

It's a teoretical and a practical exam.
runner

Return to Vegan Runners