veganrunners.net

For all kinds of running related discussions, from sprinting to marathon, training to equipment. Also the forum for international <a href="http://www.veganrunners.org">veganrunners.org</a> network.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Postby Julle » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:34 am

A mountainbike racer / freediver :D
Julle

Postby Julle » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:37 am

Folks this is not a competiton between VR or IK or Italians, want be a WAY to spread veganism among sporting people!
The website welcomes all sports, not just running.
Strange that here in VF it seems practicing a total boycott !
oooh my..! :D ..do what you want :DDD
Julle

Postby fredrikw » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:59 pm

[quote="Julle"]Strange that here in VF it seems practicing a total boycott !
oooh my..! :D ..do what you want :DDD

these are quite strong words Julle, instead of talking about people boycotting, and setting a negative tone to begin with, you might ask yourself why the response from VF has been so small. personally, I guess it might be due to the fact that it is presented as having the same features as VF without adding anything extra to it. the only difference is that VF is well established with a large user base, and this is something you are trying to achieve.

since we all have limited time, and I guess already spend too much time online :D, people prioritize what they see most beneficial for themselves and for spreading veganism.

what I would recommend is to start small and work with what you have. last time I visited your site there was quite a lot of activity among the Italian members, I would focus on that. let the community grow by itself, not by marketing and blaming people for boycotting

sorry to give it to you this bluntly, but this is how I see it.
--- non-racers. the emptiness of those lives shocks me ---
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby stateofflux » Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:04 pm

Julle, speaking from my own personal point of view I am certainly not boycotting veganrunners- it's a fantastic project and I'm excited to see so many vegan sports site springing up! I support it 100%.

I don't spend much time on your site because I'm not that interested in running, so I have very little reason to use it regularly, that doesn't mean I'm boycotting or am not supportive.
stateofflux
Site Admin

Postby runner » Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:52 pm

[quote]Julle wrote:
Strange that here in VF it seems practicing a total boycott !
oooh my..! Very Happy ..do what you want :DDD

these are quite strong words Julle, instead of talking about people boycotting, and setting a negative tone to begin with, you might ask yourself why the response from VF has been so small. personally, I guess it might be due to the fact that it is presented as having the same features as VF without adding anything extra to it. the only difference is that VF is well established with a large user base, and this is something you are trying to achieve.

since we all have limited time, and I guess already spend too much time online Very Happy, people prioritize what they see most beneficial for themselves and for spreading veganism.

what I would recommend is to start small and work with what you have. last time I visited your site there was quite a lot of activity among the Italian members, I would focus on that. let the community grow by itself, not by marketing and blaming people for boycotting

sorry to give it to you this bluntly, but this is how I see it.

nice to see that you went to the site. The site is growing and fast as well new info on a daily base!!!
A little markething for this vegan sports page is not bad in my oppinion. Guess the low markething is also why it looks like a boycott.. most people have not seen it yet. Or wait for other people to become a member.

There are some interesthing cyclists on the site as well!!

comments, help etc are always welcome also on the message board from the site!!!

thanks both off you!!

[/quote]
support this wonderfull organisation:
http://www.towerhillstables.com
runner

Postby stateofflux » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:00 pm

What is the intention of veganrunners? It's a sports-specific site as I see it, or am I wrong- is the intention to make it a multi-sport site?

I think your strength is that it's running specific, just as organic athlete and cycle prime have a strong cycling bias.
stateofflux
Site Admin

Postby Julle » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:53 pm

Competing with vf!
Let me laught...AHAHAHHAHAHAH
Ok I´m done....
-1 This is a messageboard very nice, but not a "regular" website, it´s different!
-2 In my website there links to this everywere!
-3 I agree that should work with the material we already have!
-4 People that want contribute to veganize sporting people can always do it, the site is there! (just another way to expose an idea)
See you!
Julle

Postby Julle » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:57 pm

[quote="Rochelle"]What is the intention of veganrunners? It's a sports-specific site as I see it, or am I wrong- is the intention to make it a multi-sport site?

I think your strength is that it's running specific, just as organic athlete and cycle prime have a strong cycling bias.

It is multi sport - multi language :D
Julle

Postby stateofflux » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:06 pm

[quote="Julle"]
-1 This is a messageboard very nice, but not a "regular" website, it´s different!
!

when this site started off, there was always the long-term goal to extend it and create more than just a message board, which is why we have tried to integrate it into a portal and have articles and member profile sections, plus a photo gallery. This has not been hugely successful, but it's start and definitely needs more work and contribution!
stateofflux
Site Admin

Postby JP » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:39 pm

yeah boycott sounds strong - i've been to the site as well :D

I think its great that there are a lot of different vegan sports sites around! More the merrier!

but it takes a lot to get a message board running though, loads of active users. There are many "empty" message boards out there which just didnt get off the ground because there were not enough users.

But if veganfitness.net could help in any way, then please feel free to suggest - for instance, you could have the english section of the forum to link to this vegan runners forum here - that would get a bigger userbase.

Anyways, good luck with the project :D
JP
Site Admin

Postby Julle » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:24 pm

[quote="JP"]yeah boycott sounds strong - i've been to the site as well :D

I think its great that there are a lot of different vegan sports sites around! More the merrier!

but it takes a lot to get a message board running though, loads of active users. There are many "empty" message boards out there which just didnt get off the ground because there were not enough users.

But if veganfitness.net could help in any way, then please feel free to suggest - for instance, you could have the english section of the forum to link to this vegan runners forum here - that would get a bigger userbase.

Anyways, good luck with the project :D

JP. you have got the right philosophy
My site is not a messageboard (principally,) but a forum is today "mandatory" for those that want to use it (specially in their language)
For me is uninportant "where" the people write about veganism as long they do it :D
There is VF link in my site everywhere NEWS/LINKS/WEBFRIENDS etc and I have absolutly no problem (i already do it) to redirect people here for discuting the topics :D...better because thousands of people=more help.
People that can't speak english (and feel more confortable to discute in their own language) are welcome in my space. But I am more conncentrate to the website and doing avaible in different languages.
Look at me..I'm been vegan 5 years and doing sports during all my life, and still not feelling confortable to write here because is not my language and is difficult to expose naturally what I would.
But the important for me is information ON YOUR FACE facts people that speak out and shows that vegans are not zombies. This is my Idea.
What shallI write to my mess.board, "please you that speak english do it here (link to VF)?
Doesn't sounds that want throw out people?
Tell me if I misunderstood you :D
Give me your opinion!
Julle

Postby runner » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:01 pm

Think that jp's idea is not bad.

If we make the veganrunners site + message boards except the info (that could be in english as well in all non english and make some direct connections for english speekers to vf.

think nobody wants competition.. but languages can be a barier..
support this wonderfull organisation:
http://www.towerhillstables.com
runner

Postby Julle » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:09 pm

mmhh how :/ ?
we have to figure it out :P
Julle

Postby Julle » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:42 am

This Is what one read on the VR messageboad-international forum:

Announcement: HUGE VEGANFITNESS MESSAGEBOARD!
-----------------------------------------------
Hello everybody!
You are very welcome to write here in our messageboard...
Anyway there is a BIG one out there, for sporting vegans with over 1380 users.
The www.veganfitness.net messageboard
Do not hesitate to visit it and talk there!
/Giuliano
-------------------------------------------------
Julle

Postby Julle » Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:40 pm

[quote="Rochelle"]What is the intention of veganrunners? It's a sports-specific site as I see it, or am I wrong- is the intention to make it a multi-sport site?

Not really..,
Here can ALL sporting vegans have a presentation and join the club, regardless skill level, age and speciality.
Is a section for "next activities" (those that want comunicate us that they will to run/swim/give out flyers.... or whatever)
A section for what has been done with personal statements...
one for intersting general articles
one for medical and health vegan talk
All that translated in different languages.
And the messageboard for talk with each other.
Julle

PreviousNext

Return to Vegan Runners