a "long" rest

For all kinds of running related discussions, from sprinting to marathon, training to equipment. Also the forum for international <a href="http://www.veganrunners.org">veganrunners.org</a> network.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

a "long" rest

Postby soniczip » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:30 pm

last week i decided to have a rest after a long run. just a few days i said to myself, just to regenerate the batteries. a week has passed and now i am stuck with cold and sore throat! :evil: what happens after two weeks of inactivity and no runs? how do you suggest me to get back in the routine? my routine before the stop was 60-70km per week with a 28-35km long run every two weeks.
i'm focusing on some kind of stuff
soniczip

Postby runner » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:25 am

I would sugest to start with a run of 7k. Something that is not to much for you (with that much km a week) but not nothing. see how you feel. If you don't feel good take a day off and do a litle more the next day. Do you've got a special goal? Sounds like a marathon...

good luck
support this wonderfull organisation:
http://www.towerhillstables.com
runner

Postby soniczip » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:58 pm

[quote="runner"]I would sugest to start with a run of 7k. Something that is not to much for you (with that much km a week) but not nothing. see how you feel. If you don't feel good take a day off and do a litle more the next day. Do you've got a special goal? Sounds like a marathon...

good luck

i don't have any short term goal in mind, but i can tell you that i'd love to run an ultra. i'll follow your suggestion anyway.
soniczip

Postby littlegirlbunny » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:48 am

[quote]i don't have any short term goal in mind, but i can tell you that i'd love to run an ultra

Oooh! Thats exciting! Have you got any one in particular in mind?
"life with littlegirlbunny is never dull"
littlegirlbunny

Postby soniczip » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:30 pm

[quote="littlegirlbunny"][quote]i don't have any short term goal in mind, but i can tell you that i'd love to run an ultra

Oooh! Thats exciting! Have you got any one in particular in mind?

yes. i'd like to do the passatore marathon: 100km from florence to faenza in italy (27-28 may). the problem is my longest run so far has been 35 km. i don't know if i'll be able to do it. :? but i'll try!
soniczip

Postby runner » Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:20 pm

why don't you start with a marathon than a 50 or 80 k run and than the big one?

if you don't like races you can also train these distances.. you can use bicical or walking routes..

there the km should be measured...

good luck respect!!!
runner

Postby soniczip » Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:44 pm

[quote="runner"]why don't you start with a marathon than a 50 or 80 k run and than the big one?

if you don't like races you can also train these distances.. you can use bicical or walking routes..

there the km should be measured...

good luck respect!!!

oh yeah yeah yeah, that's what i'ma trying to do. i'm increasing the mileage week after week, without racing. what i really need is to find hilly tracks. the passatore is basically two long hills.
soniczip

Postby littlegirlbunny » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:30 am

[quote]yes. i'd like to do the passatore marathon: 100km from florence to faenza in italy (27-28 may). the problem is my longest run so far has been 35 km. i don't know if i'll be able to do it. but i'll try!

Good luck! Im sure you'll be able to do it, as long as you keep on top of the training. And I assume you like the training if you are planning to do a 100km race!!!
"life with littlegirlbunny is never dull"
littlegirlbunny

Postby soniczip » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:07 pm

[quote="littlegirlbunny"][quote]yes. i'd like to do the passatore marathon: 100km from florence to faenza in italy (27-28 may). the problem is my longest run so far has been 35 km. i don't know if i'll be able to do it. but i'll try!

Good luck! Im sure you'll be able to do it, as long as you keep on top of the training. And I assume you like the training if you are planning to do a 100km race!!!

well, training is running and running is fun. isn't it? :wink: i'll have to differentiate though: cross training, a lot of hill training, speed training. at the moment i'm just aiming at doing long runs comfortably. once i've reached 40-45 i'll ask some expert long distance runner to help me.
soniczip

Postby soniczip » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:22 pm

i went back running today, but only for 6km. i feel ok and tomorrow will do 10. i don't want to force too much straight away. my body really needed it. after two weeks, i could feel my legs' muscles crushing.
soniczip

Postby runner » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:35 pm

crushing?

what do you mean with by this?

hope just a feeling off post training strech.. not some serious problem...
runner

Postby soniczip » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:39 pm

[quote="runner"]crushing?

what do you mean with by this?

hope just a feeling off post training strech.. not some serious problem...

maybe it's the wrong expression :!: you know when you get tin foil and you crush it in your fists :?: a sort of shrinking feeling :(
soniczip

Postby runner » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:42 pm

ok

no problem..

so this will be gone by tomorrow..
runner

Return to Vegan Runners