Next meetup

For all kinds of running related discussions, from sprinting to marathon, training to equipment. Also the forum for international <a href="http://www.veganrunners.org">veganrunners.org</a> network.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Postby ultra_whippet » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:48 pm

Did it a couple of years ago, excellent race and beautiful city. No problem with food either.
The only thing is if we do something like that then we all have to pay for accomodation....
ultra_whippet

Postby ida » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:57 pm

[quote="bronco"]I find the idea of running in january or february quite strange. I mean by then its supposed to be -10 degrees and lots of snow and ice. But I suppose the weather in UK is not as lovely as in sweden :D.

Running in the winter is no problemo in Sweden. If the ice and snow is dry (as in Skellefteå) you can have your regular trainers with a pair of warmer socks, and if the snow and ice is more wet and therefor more slippery (as the case in Uppsala/Stockholm region)you always have the great icebugs you can use... :D ;)
there is always time for rowing
ida

Postby bronco » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:04 pm

[quote="ida"][quote="bronco"]I find the idea of running in january or february quite strange. I mean by then its supposed to be -10 degrees and lots of snow and ice. But I suppose the weather in UK is not as lovely as in sweden :D.

Running in the winter is no problemo in Sweden. If the ice and snow is dry (as in Skellefteå) you can have your regular trainers with a pair of warmer socks, and if the snow and ice is more wet and therefor more slippery (as the case in Uppsala/Stockholm region)you always have the great icebugs you can use... :D ;)

Hmm, I guess you may be right. But it just feels plain wrong ! Winter is the time for skating and floorball :lol:. Plus its allways dark. OK, I have to admit that's lame excuses, I will start winter running then :).
[quote="JP"]Spirulina is a badass crew, and they often just hang around in street corners looking to beat up proteins.

They oftenget confused by the fact that they are almost half protein themselves.
bronco
Site Admin

Postby ida » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:14 pm

[quote="bronco"][quote="ida"][quote="bronco"]I find the idea of running in january or february quite strange. I mean by then its supposed to be -10 degrees and lots of snow and ice. But I suppose the weather in UK is not as lovely as in sweden :D.

Hmm, I guess you may be right. But it just feels plain wrong ! Winter is the time for skating and floorball :lol:. Plus its allways dark. OK, I have to admit that's lame excuses, I will start winter running then :).

yeah! that's the spirit. Not that it's anything wrong with floorball or ice-skating during the winter, while waiting for the rowingseason to start ;)
there is always time for rowing
ida

Postby runner » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:44 pm

how does everyone feel about that new years run? The one sw posted about

sounds good to me..
support this wonderfull organisation:
http://www.towerhillstables.com
runner

Postby GenTDuke » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:24 pm

[quote="runner"]how does everyone feel about that new years run? The one sw posted about

sounds good to me..

I am up for anything
GenTDuke

Postby bronco » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:51 am

New years run probably wouldn't be good for me. Think I would be in sweden around that time.
[quote="JP"]Spirulina is a badass crew, and they often just hang around in street corners looking to beat up proteins.

They oftenget confused by the fact that they are almost half protein themselves.
bronco
Site Admin

Postby littlegirlbunny » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:40 am

new year would probably be too soon for me, as I definately need a bit of a break from proper running
"life with littlegirlbunny is never dull"
littlegirlbunny

Postby runner » Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:52 pm

we can also do a non runing meet.. but than we could better discuss it in the general meething section.. it might become a veganfitness week discussion than... what should we do ?

we can also have more options.. but how sooner we get a date the cheaper the traveling..

bronco can not make it for new year and lgb is not ready for a new run..

other options are?

small meethings are ok for me as well..

would be nasty when one person is alone in a meethup..
runner

Postby bronco » Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:58 pm

[quote="runner"]would be nasty when one person is alone in a meethup..

Why? I'm meeting up with myself for running at least once a week :D!

bronco
Site Admin

Postby runner » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:13 pm

i should have made an exception for bronco ;)
runner

Postby ultra_whippet » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:31 pm

How about middle of February then? I could put up 5 people at my place easily enough...... if that's not good for everyone I can set up a poll to find out when the best time is......
ultra_whippet

Postby runner » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:33 pm

shall we all shout for some days any see what's best for all?

between x mass and jan 3th

3 until 5 feb

summer after 14 july
runner

Postby littlegirlbunny » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:34 pm

[quote]How about middle of February then? I could put up 5 people at my place easily enough...... if that's not good for everyone I can set up a poll to find out when the best time is......

The middle of feb sounds pretty good to me!
"life with littlegirlbunny is never dull"
littlegirlbunny

Postby runner » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:37 pm

is there any specific event?

midle of feb sounds good i guess i could come for w few days

what weekend do you think off?
runner

PreviousNext

Return to Vegan Runners