Looking for recreational running partner!!!!

For all kinds of running related discussions, from sprinting to marathon, training to equipment. Also the forum for international <a href="http://www.veganrunners.org">veganrunners.org</a> network.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Looking for recreational running partner!!!!

Postby manchestervegan » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:11 pm

Hello everyone,

Anyone interested to join me for some runs?

I run between 45 and 50 miles a week and I would like an enthusiastic other runner like myself to team up and run together. I mainly run at Sale Water Park on Saturday and Sunday (with my two dogs), and during the week I run around South Manchester with just one dog (Levenshulme, Burnage, City Centre, Fallowfield, Didsbury, Withington), but I am very keen to run at other location. I live in West Point (Levenshulme-Fallowfield) so anyone interested just let me know.

Another very important point, you should be comfortable around dogs (a grumpy/greedy Cocker Spaniel and a headless/joyful Bearded Collie…you have been warned! :lol:

I am also thinking rejoining the Sale Harriers some time in the near future after nearly three years off.

Anyway at the moment I am off running because last Sunday (11/09) I injured my left ankle, I am so gutted that it is the first time in 10 years of running that I have sustain an injury ( I am definitely getting older, not a spring chicken anymore Watson!).

In any case it would be nice to have a running partner, because I just subscribe at the runners world magazine and it would be cool to enter some friendly races together.

Finally, I am planning to run THE SAUCONY GRIZZLY, in SEATON, DEVON, 2006 edition (March). Here a highlight: hardy off roaders took on the extremely tough challenge that is “The Grizzly” in Seaton, Devon. About 20 miles of mud, shingle, cliffs and just about every other natural obstacle made for an exhausting race with even the winner taking nearly two and a quarter hours. Beautiful weather and the extreme terrain helped to make this a fantastic running experience for those taking part. If some of you are interested in this race, you can get more info at:

http://www.torbayac.co.uk/grizzly_2006.htm ,

Hope you are all well and looking forward to hear from some mad vegan runners out there!!! :D
VEGAN: FOR THE ANIMALS. For the people.

For the planet. Compassion & Non violence. MV19
manchestervegan

Postby andyO » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:15 pm

ey' up I'm moving to manc tomorrow!

I have been known to be a rather crazy running fiend (in the 50 mpw range) but in the last wee while I've been mulling over the idea of adding some muscle to my bones (see what reading a board full of strength folks will do to yah). (Any manc strength folks got experience of adding muscle to endurance athletes?)

Nonetheless I do intend to continue running (well i intend to do a bunch of mountain races) and a partner to run with would be awesome - gonna be living on the chorlton/whalley range border collie. Nothing like having a friend to run with to get you out and active on the rainy days.

Onyways I'm likely to be offline for a couple of days while I move house and BT work out how to move the phone line but I'll post again when I'm back online or your more than welcome to send me a pm etc...

Andy

p.s. hope your ankle heals well!
andyO

Return to Vegan Runners