shoes

For all kinds of running related discussions, from sprinting to marathon, training to equipment. Also the forum for international <a href="http://www.veganrunners.org">veganrunners.org</a> network.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Postby Tarz » Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:40 am

Not really no. I know what you mean though :wink:

I've had Mizuno befoe so I know what size I am for their shoes. Before I run in them I will stride around my flat to see if they feel comfortable and 'right', so I can send them back if necessary. Not the same as trying them on in a shop I know.....

That's always the problem with mail order - sometimes you are no better off by the time you have returned/exchanged the original item if you didn't choose correctly initially.
Tarz

Postby Tarz » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:15 pm

shamen_x - It appears New Balance aren't as vegan friendly as believed. Please see these posts from Rochelle.

http://www.veganfitness.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4308

http://www.veganfitness.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2998
Tarz

Postby stateofflux » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:22 pm

This is a problem with many trainer companies, I'm afraid. At least NB are being honest about this which helps to lobby them to perhaps consider using synthetic glues.

It's appears that only vegetarian shoes seem to guarantee that their trainers contain no leather or animal-based glues.

I know Ryan Veganessentials sells some big brand trainers and he has no doubt researched them, so I'm guessing that the products he carries are also vegan.

The vegan company, Ethical Wares in the UK continue to sell New Balance, so maybe they have a guarantee on the NB trainers that they sell, I've just bought one of their 2 NB cross-trainers.

I don't know how widespread the use of animal glues is really. It would be nice to get some information on this.
Last edited by stateofflux on Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stateofflux
Site Admin

Postby andyO » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:23 pm

Yeah just read those posts about NB Tarz. :(

Must admit I tend to find a pair of running shoes I like and then stick with that model till it changes, so I guess on that score mail order would be great for second and subsequent shoes. (I get through a few)
andyO

Postby Cynthia Blue » Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:06 pm

I have a pair of Loco Mojos that I really really like. They are my running shoes. Had some Asics but didn't really like them, they seemed to hurt my calves. But I use them for agility now, which works.
Cynthia Blue

Postby andyO » Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:58 pm

Good stuff on the researching shoe companies Rochelle!
andyO

Previous

Return to Vegan Runners