new PR, 3.5 miles

For all kinds of running related discussions, from sprinting to marathon, training to equipment. Also the forum for international <a href="http://www.veganrunners.org">veganrunners.org</a> network.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

new PR, 3.5 miles

Postby wannalift » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:57 am

i know it isn't much, but i hit a new benchmark today with a 3.5 mile run. it wasn't real fast either, but i got stronger as the run went on and didn't hit the wall until the last 1/4 mile. i have felt great all day. going for 4.0 tomorrow.
~david
wannalift

Postby runner » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:09 am

David,

congratulations!!! one small point.. when you went to the buttom relax yourself a bit today.. . ore at least don't rush.. i understand the rush and motivation, but take your time..

in a few months it will be easy to run 10k (+/-7 mile)

good luck
support this wonderfull organisation:
http://www.towerhillstables.com
runner

Postby wannalift » Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:50 pm

thanks runner. i decided to call off the run today as my legs were pretty sore. plus tomorrow is my leg day so i want to be rested up. i'll probably run again on sunday. still feeling good today. 10 K, no way. not any time soon at least :D
~david
wannalift

Postby shadow » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:19 pm

Congratz!

Im getting close to 3.5 myself, but I do KM not Miles, so extra cudos to you!
shadow

Postby Cynthia Blue » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:41 pm

That's awesome. :) I'm up to 4 miles.. and loving it. Eventually I want to increase to 5, but it might be a while. ;)
Cynthia Blue

Postby RobertCheeke » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:48 am

I was a runner in high school and one year in college, before getting into bodybuilding. I looked back on my old logs and I used to run 12 miles a day, and one time I did 39 miles over 2 days (22) and (17).

Now I am fatigued running down the street! :shock:

I don't do much running at all, in fact friends make fun of my endurance, or lack of endurace. It's funny to think I use to be able to run a mile in under 5 minutes, and now I struggle with running.

Although, I noticed, the more I do it, just in basketball or soccer, or runs preparing for bodybuilding contest, I get more endurance pretty quickly. Like my body remembers what long distance running felt like and it becomes somewhat natural again. I'm just heavier now.

Anyway, I do recall the good times I had running, maybe again someday.

check out www.brendanbrazier.com he is an awesome runner. Vegan Ultra-marathon champion!

Robert
Robert Cheeke
"When your actions speak for themselves, don't interrupt."
www.myspace.com/veganbodybuilding
RobertCheeke

Return to Vegan Runners