Vegan fitness Runners meething Amsterdam

For all kinds of running related discussions, from sprinting to marathon, training to equipment. Also the forum for international <a href="http://www.veganrunners.org">veganrunners.org</a> network.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Postby GenTDuke » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:34 pm

Got mine, its gonna be sweet.
GenTDuke

Postby bronco » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:47 pm

I got mine as well :D
[quote="JP"]Spirulina is a badass crew, and they often just hang around in street corners looking to beat up proteins.

They oftenget confused by the fact that they are almost half protein themselves.
bronco
Site Admin

Postby runner » Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:38 am

online i checked that mine and the one from lgb are ok as well

hope to get my chip and number soon
support this wonderfull organisation:
http://www.towerhillstables.com
runner

Postby littlegirlbunny » Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:49 am

[quote]online i checked that mine and the one from lgb are ok as well

Thanks runner! :D
"life with littlegirlbunny is never dull"
littlegirlbunny

Postby GenTDuke » Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:51 pm

Woot tomorrow I will be in the dam, I look foward to hooking up with my good VF buddies and metting our new friend Emile. Its gonna be so sweet.

I am gona try and fit a pre-run into the morning b4 I depart, in order to try and get my self up to spec.

Look foward to it, see so all soon.
GenTDuke

Postby JP » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:05 pm

thats great! Hope you all have a fantastic time and take some photos for us!

And remember, there is a piece of heaven on earth in amsterdam and that is called

MAOZ FALAFEL

please check it out :D
JP
Site Admin

Postby bronco » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:02 am

Thanks JP, we will check it out :D!
[quote="JP"]Spirulina is a badass crew, and they often just hang around in street corners looking to beat up proteins.

They oftenget confused by the fact that they are almost half protein themselves.
bronco
Site Admin

Postby runner » Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:15 am

Maoz falafel :wink:

I don't remember when my last falafel was.. but we can for sure go there again on sunday (yes after the race). There are plenty of Maoz falafel places now. Actually they go abrought as well.. to spain... and i guess to the us..

In Amsterdam the places are vegetarian (they have some non vegan sause but the rest is vegan most of the sause as well). unfortunatly they are not vegetarian in some other cities (the falafel is but....)
runner

Postby littlegirlbunny » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:35 am

Im off to sunny clacton-on-sea in about an hour to have a night at the seaside before getting the ferry tommorow morning :D

See you guys soon!
"life with littlegirlbunny is never dull"
littlegirlbunny

Postby runner » Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:11 pm

Hi All,

thanks to LGB, GentDuke, Bronco, Skinny Whippet

it has been a great meet!!!

Marathon Girl got a nasty injury at 30k, but still finished in a impressive time!!!

Thursday and Friday the crew arrived. And we had our first falafel @ the maoz.

saturday we went to pick up our chips and numbers for the race. The sports center was already pretty crowded so we were glad we did not have to do this on sunday before the race. after a luch with products from the healthfood store we went for a cannelcruse.. execept for some bad jokes it was nice to be in the boat on a "summer day". At home we did a pushup contest lost by me and won by bronco. That night we did our big pre-race-pasta-dinner

After a paula R style breakfast (put your alarm at a strange hour - 4.00am at night) we went to sleep again and later woke up and got ready for the race. With a little trouble because one train did not run we still arived pretty early and had enough time to do or to skip warming up. the weater was almost perfect so we only had a litle inconvenience from the low amount of km signs. Still we all managed to finish and showed our vegan shirts.. more than 3000 people did the 10k. overall more than 20.000 people run in one off the races. haile broak the track and his personal record, but did not make it to the WR. Still a good time 2.06.19 After our race we watched Marathon girl finish in a time of 2.47
runner

Postby bronco » Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:14 pm

I had a really great time in Amsterdam :D!
Many thanks to runner who turned out to be not only a great guy in general, but also a good host and guide to Amsterdam :D! It was great fun to hang around Amsterdam with the great VF people.
For me the race went good, even though I missed my goal of finishing in 46min with one lousy second :? :lol:. Had I just starte my sprint a little earlier I would have made it. Thing is I didn't think I had any power left for a sprint until I looked at my watch when I had about 75m to go and realized it wasn't too many seconds till 46min. Guess I should have looked earlier :lol:. Caught up with SW with about 3km to go which I think was a good thing, helped me keep my pace up the last bit. Couldn't keep up with his finishing sprint though - with 250m to go the guy went away like he was shot from a cannon :shock:.

bronco
Site Admin

Postby stateofflux » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:14 pm

Great to hear that you all pulled this off, despite a fine array of injuries, colds and other maladies :lol: Question is though- did you all go to Maoz?
stateofflux
Site Admin

Postby bronco » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:26 pm

Yeah, we did go to the Maoz near the station twice. It was really good, but I'm not really sure it was better then mashuu (best falafel in Vienna). Maybe it was, just because you got to stuff your own falafel, that was nice :D. But on the other hand the saladbar didn't have any sauerkraut :lol:. But it was excellent anyway.

bronco
Site Admin

Postby ultra_whippet » Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:07 pm

Mmm... felafel....

Well thanks to you all, and especially runner, for making this a great weekend :D

I was really peed off that I caught a bad cold just before the weekend but I still had a fine time, and was at least able to make it round the 10K course even if I couldn't run at 100%. It was cool running with bronco for the last 3km, I think it gave us both a bit of extra motivation and helped those last few k's to go a bit quicker. Finishing in the olympic stadium was ace - there was a great atmosphere there especially at the end of the marathon, and it was awesome seeing both Gebreselassie and marathongirl finish.

Look forward to the next meetup :D
ultra_whippet

Postby Malcolms Billy » Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:55 pm

So what times did everyone do? Just read on the towerhillstables.com site that Fiona came in 9th - despite injury!! The woman is amazing!! :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D
Malcolms Billy

PreviousNext

Return to Vegan Runners