Should we have a separate Runners Forum?

For all kinds of running related discussions, from sprinting to marathon, training to equipment. Also the forum for international <a href="http://www.veganrunners.org">veganrunners.org</a> network.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Yes please
64%
Nah, dont think it will work
21%
I don't know, in fact I don't even know how to run
14%

Total votes : 14

Postby JP » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:00 pm

Couple people have suggested that there should be a separate runners forum covering all aspects of running. There is also a new vegan runners group being formed in UK and there are vegan runners groups in other countries too like Sweden.

Would there be enough traffic in this forum?

Should be just name this current "Endurance, Cardio and Other Sports" to "Other Sports"?
JP
Site Admin

Postby Fruitbat » Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:53 pm

Sounds like a good idea as there are often alot of runner posts here anyway... mind you might want to be careful otherwise ppl will start to expect separate threads for all sports !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fruitbat

Postby runner » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:01 pm

JP,

Do I understand you that it is to make it easy for people to find what they are looking for?
If that’s the case,.. to complicate the discussion I have 3 scenarios . Personally I prefer the 2nd and the 3th but the 1st is not a problem. The 2nd can be to much work..

Possibility 1
Don’t change

Possibility 2
Lots of work and some discussion :
1. power strength bodybuilding (training competition etc with weights,…)
2. cardio
3. holistic Forum (could include non weight training,... ) might need an other name
4. martial Arts
5. Other sports
6. Injury support forum

other sports like
chess (fore Topher), surfing, football, baseball, basketball, bowling, sailing, swimming (for Dave), skating, sprinting

Possibility 3

Other possibility is to make a separate runners forum and chance the name of the cardio into other sports (less work and also easy to find)
support this wonderfull organisation:
http://www.towerhillstables.com
runner

Postby littlegirlbunny » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:22 am

dont forget snooker :lol:
"life with littlegirlbunny is never dull"
littlegirlbunny

Postby JP » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:16 pm

cheers for comments! Thing is, one basic rule we have had for setting up separate forums is that they get used! Nothing more annoying than a forum which doesn't get traffic ;)

Cycling forum was the latest addition, and i think it has got a decent amount of traffic already and interesting threads. Now I'm not a runner, so you runner folks need to tell us will there be enough stuff going on :D

I would hope there will be more runners visiting the board, as i hope that there will be vegans into other sports as well - at the moment the bodybuilding and power&strength sections are by far the busiest sections.
JP
Site Admin

Postby runner » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:46 am

Jp,

the cardio forum is for 80% running. It could atract some runners, but i think there is a posibility that the cardio forum will fall away.. (don't know if that is a problem, if it does not work the questions can be posted at other forums... (other posibility could be to change the name from cardio into running and add other related cardio add the underscript :)

sorry for all this strange idea's i produce..
runner

Postby JP » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:49 am

i see your point runner, perhaps we will just change the name of the forum to "Other Sports" and have a separate running forum?

There are loads of other sports out there, its just a matter of people posting about them. In fact we have two pretty damn good rugby players on the board as well, johanna from germany (plays for germanys womans team) and ATARI who plays for one of the university teams in UK.

There are loads of others as well, perhaps people would post more about them when the title of the board would just be "Other Sports" rather than what it is now, because the current title might be quite confusing?
JP
Site Admin

Postby runner » Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:10 pm

I agree on all you wrote
runner

Postby JP » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:03 pm

ok, its done now :D

Hope i found all running topics i moved over!

Here's to the fantastic future of vegan running forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy!
JP
Site Admin

Postby runner » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:54 pm

thank you JP!!!
runner

Return to Vegan Runners