Scott Jurek wins 7th WS 100 mile race!!

For all kinds of running related discussions, from sprinting to marathon, training to equipment. Also the forum for international <a href="http://www.veganrunners.org">veganrunners.org</a> network.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Scott Jurek wins 7th WS 100 mile race!!

Postby floraluna » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:45 pm

Hello everyone!

I was up at Western States 100 (in the Sierra Nevada Mtns. in California, website is www.ws100.com ) and I'm not sure how many folks follow ultrarunning... but this is important news!
Vegan ultrarunner Scott Jurek won his 7TH IN A ROW Western States 100-mile race this weekend, in 16:40:46. He set the course record last year (in 15:36:27) but snow in the high country slowed everyone down this year. Second place runner this year was 24 minutes behind.
I saw Scott come through mile 52 in the lead, and he was relaxed and looked great. He is a phenomenal athlete! At least one of the woman runners there was vegan too. She finished looking strong.

floraluna
Wishing you a happy, healthy and peaceful day!
floraluna

Postby JP » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:51 pm

that is just fantastic! Hope these people could drop by this board as well for advice and inspiration!

I'll move this topic to the endurance, cardio section.

Great news, thanks for sharing!
JP
Site Admin

Postby runner » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:12 pm

Thank you for posting this..

this are the stories I like to read!!!

Hope we get more vegan winners!!!
support this wonderfull organisation:
http://www.towerhillstables.com
runner

Postby willpeavy » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:42 am

Awesome!

VEGAN POWER
willpeavy

Postby Inonie » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:47 am

Could you tell the name of the vagan woman who took part to the race ?
thanks
Inonie

Postby floraluna » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:49 pm

I'll try to remember or find out- I know there was one vegan woman from Europe (perhaps Germany or France?) who ran the race. I spoke with her at the aid station I was working at, but don't remember her name. Will post if I find out.
I would imagine there were other vegan runners there as well. One prolific SF bay area vegan runner is Catra Corbett, but she did not race at States this year.
Wishing you a happy, healthy and peaceful day!
floraluna

Postby Daniel » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:21 am

They're going to have to rename this race the Scott Jurek 100. Scott is a young guy for an ultra-runner. I doubt he has even hit his prime yet.
Daniel

Postby Inonie » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:04 am

They'll be able to rename the Badwater the Scott Jurek Badwater too! and so many else very soon because Scott is still so young indeed, he's just at the very beginning of his athletes's career (but sure he's already written his name in history). He's a incredible hope to promote veganicism, he's known among the runners all over the planete.

Regarding the vgan woman on the race i'm sure she can't be french, i'm certainly the only french vegan female runner!
People seem to have no heart no compassion in here it's so hopeless sometimes. Thank you for your answer Flora i'll take informations about Catra Corbett anyway.
Inonie

Return to Vegan Runners