Vegan runner

For all kinds of running related discussions, from sprinting to marathon, training to equipment. Also the forum for international <a href="http://www.veganrunners.org">veganrunners.org</a> network.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Postby ultra_whippet » Tue Feb 03, 2004 7:02 pm

Hi Grant. Very impressive times you're aiming for there! Good luck.
ultra_whippet

Running as a skill-learn proper form save your legs

Postby prefab » Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:37 pm

Hey all, I love to see green powered endurance athletes!!!
Just a tip, save yourself a lot of RICE rest ice compression and elevation by learning good running technique. I've found that www.posetech.com has what every endurance runner wants/needs---low impact, high efficiency, faster times. Check it out and get yourself some nice racing flats and let the fun begin. Went from 33min 5k to 20min 5k in 6 months on raceday. WOOT!!!
prefab

Postby phloxy » Fri May 21, 2004 8:44 pm

Hi again,

I meant to come back to the forum long before now, but life has just gotten so crazy! My marathon in Los Angeles was a huge success despite the hot temps (near 90 degrees that day!). I ran a 4:13 chip time, which beat my intermediate goal by 2 minutes. I was hoping to run it in 4 hours, but the heat was just too much (I was on pace for a while).

So now I'm getting my summer race schedule together and maintaining my distance running and hoping to add some speedwork soon.

It's so exciting to see so many posters here! I definitely need to put visiting this site on my daily agenda.

Thanks everyone. And happy running.

~ phloxy
phloxy

Previous

Return to Vegan Runners