Has anyone done a Tough Mudder?

For all kinds of running related discussions, from sprinting to marathon, training to equipment. Also the forum for international <a href="http://www.veganrunners.org">veganrunners.org</a> network.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Has anyone done a Tough Mudder?

Postby bthatch » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:53 pm

I just completed my first Mudder this past weekend and I'm curious to see how people prepped for it. I am definitely doing it again next year, and would like to get some feedback on what people did prior, and if they thought it was helpful or not.

I made sure to run at least 3 miles 6 days a week, throwing in long runs on some days. I didn't have a problem with the running, however my legs did get tired from the obstacles, cause them to be tired during the running part. I also realized I should do some type of rock climbing or exercising where you really have to grip with your fingers.
bthatch

Re: Has anyone done a Tough Mudder?

Postby Lovely.Rita » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:04 pm

nice! I did one last year and one this year and I loved it both times! (both New England - VT and NH). yeah, climbing helps, but I don't think you have to be overly burly for any of the obstacles. I do my regular strength routine with not-so-heavy weights twice a week and that helps I think. but mostly I just run. The lighter you are, the less weight you haul over the obstacles! :)
Lovely.Rita

Return to Vegan Runners