tattoos and running

For all kinds of running related discussions, from sprinting to marathon, training to equipment. Also the forum for international <a href="http://www.veganrunners.org">veganrunners.org</a> network.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

tattoos and running

Postby DC Runner » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:08 pm

Anyone run after recently getting a tattoo? I'm getting a tattoo on Saturday and I'm just wondering what the best practices are. The guy at the shop told me to wear pants while running for the next two weeks. Yikes - it's the summer and it's like 100 degrees everyday. I was also told not to submerge it for too long, but he says running is ok. But I sweat a lot and my runs will probably be 60 to 90 minutes long.

Does anyone have any suggestions/advice/horror stories?
DC Runner

Re: tattoos and running

Postby blinki » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:49 pm

I have an aversion to running but I have tattoos. Tattoos are just big scratches so I say don't over think it. Don't do stuff that could cause you to loose the scab, keep it covered until it is healed then remember to put suncream on it to keep it looking good for longer. The submerging thing is mostly having baths or swimming- heat from baths can cause color loose in the first few days, pools are a source of bacteria for the first few weeks.
blinki

Return to Vegan Runners