Oh yeah I did it!!!!!

For all kinds of running related discussions, from sprinting to marathon, training to equipment. Also the forum for international <a href="http://www.veganrunners.org">veganrunners.org</a> network.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Oh yeah I did it!!!!!

Postby Ruff » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:42 pm

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I am so stoked! This old lady who only 2 years ago was 16 and a half stone, and who has a gammy left leg has just completed the Mt Arrowsmith 17km. In fact I came third in my age group and got a prize!

Actually that is not so much to boast about, I was a long way behind the other 2 and most of the rest of my age group were walkers......

But I still did it, and I loved it, I loved the whole thing, we went right up the mountain, it was real scramble stuff, I want to be a trail runner!!! :mrgreen:

I got a bit freaked the week before when I read the list of compulsory kit you have to carry and I need to look at my stuff, to get light weight versions of things, like rucksacks and raincoats, but I brought the foil bag and now I have all the things for the mini first aid kit, so I am well on my way.

I am so happy! I loved everything about it except the end where you exchanged your number for a BBQ rib eye steak sandwich....there was no alternative. Fortunately I had a cool box packed with lovely crusty rolls and hummus (and some seriously yummy dark chocolate! :mrgreen: )

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Can you tell I am stoked? Now all I need to do is learn to go faster. I will ask more about this later.

Katie.
From Katie
Ruff

Re: Oh yeah I did it!!!!!

Postby loveliberate » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:12 am

Great work! :)
“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." http://www.a-human-right.com - http://www.aware.org
loveliberate

Postby kallefs » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:46 am

You ARE a trail runner! Excellent work, it seemed like quiet a race. Going faster will come automatically if you keep training in the hills, speed work can come later.
Dum di dum!
kallefs

Postby JP » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:53 am

well done! :)
JP
Site Admin

Postby Linnéa76 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:36 am

Good stuff Ruff!
-Talk is cheap-
Linnéa76

Postby xrodolfox » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:32 pm

Awesome!
"The worker has the right to leave his boss, but can she do it? And if she does quit him, is it in order to lead a free life; where she will have no master but herself? No, she leaves to sell herself to another employer. She's driven by the same hunger. Thus the worker's liberty is only a theoretical freedom, lacking any means of realization; an utter falsehood."
-Bakunin
xrodolfox
Site Admin

Postby hakko » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:08 pm

Congratulations Ruff!
hakko

Postby Ruff » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:25 am

You are right...I am a trail runner already! How cool is that! :mrgreen:

I have just entered another race. I was going to try a half marathon in June, here in Christchurch, but since the earthquakes and due to the fact we no longer have a city centre the marathon has moved out to the airport, where you run around the airport on flat boring roads. However in May there is another half marathon, a trail one in Hanmer Springs forest. So I am going to do that instead for my first half marathon.

I have entered already, and we are taking the hippy van up on the Friday, running on Saturday and home again Sunday. The best bit is that there are hot Springs at Hanmer so guess where I will be going right after the race!

So Saturday 4th of May for my first half marathon. A whole month earlier than I thought it would be (christchurch marathon is June 3rd)

I am still stoked. I ran up the Harry Ell track today, slowly because my legs are sore and had a great time. Beach run tomorrow, just a short one because it is my shopping and domestic day.

Katie
From Katie
Ruff

Postby Mr. Cleetus » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:40 pm

Awesome Ruff, well done!
Mr. Cleetus

Return to Vegan Runners