World record by vegan runner

For all kinds of running related discussions, from sprinting to marathon, training to equipment. Also the forum for international <a href="http://www.veganrunners.org">veganrunners.org</a> network.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

World record by vegan runner

Postby hakko » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:52 am

This is simply a translation of a post from the Swedish Vegan Runner forum: http://se.veganrunners.org/2013/03/05/v ... rs-medlem/

Marie Idsund, a member of Vegan Runners, has set a new world record in treadmill running. In twelve hours, she ran 134,9 kilometers. (83,8 miles)
The record attempt was supervised by inspectors from the Guinness Book of Records on the 28th of February.

Marie tells us:
- It was fun, challenging and pretty painful after 8 hours. I made no pauses, only 30 sec stops to take a wee five times.
- I had 10 litres of water, 6 bananas, 5 energy bars, 2 protein drinks and half a liter of soy yogurt. Imagine having that tumble around in your belly for twelve hours!
- I have also ran Stockholm-München back and forth, always on a vegan diet. I've been a vegan since the age of 5 and now I'm 48 years old.

Vegan Runners congratulates Marie on her amazing effort!
hakko

Re: World record by vegan runner

Postby Calum » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:08 am

Fantastic achievement - I'd lose the will to live running that long on the dreadmill though :s
Calum

Postby DC Runner » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:52 pm

I ran 8 miles today on the treadmill and I was already starting to lose it. 12 hours sounds AWFUL. Wow - that's like 8:36 per mile or 5:20 per kilometer. Very impressive!
DC Runner

Postby haisuli » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:43 pm

Amazing!
haisuli

Postby Ruff » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:31 am

Well done! But I don't think I could run on a treadmill myself. It doesn't sound fun, but maybe if one lives in Sweden one has to in the winter.
From Katie
Ruff

Return to Vegan Runners