Vegan Running Pants: a Question

For all kinds of running related discussions, from sprinting to marathon, training to equipment. Also the forum for international <a href="http://www.veganrunners.org">veganrunners.org</a> network.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Vegan Running Pants: a Question

Postby jamesndawson » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:10 pm

I hope to start running soon, but it's really cold outside in my part of the country---highs often in the 20's---so I want to wear running pants. I've looked in the stores, but all I've seen were the big, baggy, silky ones. I don't like those, and I think they'd be encumbering.
I've seen both men and women in black, close-fitting pants, almost like "leotards", but not quite. What are these called, so I can ask store clerks, and where do they sell them? Are they unisex, or are there male & female versions?
James
jamesndawson

Re: Vegan Running Pants: a Question

Postby VeganGraham » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:23 pm

Worcestershire's fastest veteran vegan mountain bike endurance racer with a beard.
Angry Middle Aged Man
VeganGraham

Location: The banks of the River Severn as it meanders through the sun dappled leafy glades of Worcestershire

Postby jamesndawson » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:48 pm

Thanks, but looking down the list I get the impression they're for "ladies", though I've seen plenty of men wearing them. Is there a design specifically made for men?
James
jamesndawson

Postby kallefs » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:13 am

I think they are usually separated male/female, I do not know the difference but maybe wider hips on female versions? Most sport stores should have them and all the big brands make them (Nike, Salomon, Adidas and so on).
Dum di dum!
kallefs

Postby VeganGraham » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:30 am

There's options on the left hand side of that page to select "Gender" or "Manufacturer".
This is the men's selection.
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/mens/run/running-tights/

I know it's a UK site, but it will give you an idea of what's available and what to ask for.
Worcestershire's fastest veteran vegan mountain bike endurance racer with a beard.
Angry Middle Aged Man
VeganGraham

Location: The banks of the River Severn as it meanders through the sun dappled leafy glades of Worcestershire

Return to Vegan Runners