Brooks Pure Connect

For all kinds of running related discussions, from sprinting to marathon, training to equipment. Also the forum for international <a href="http://www.veganrunners.org">veganrunners.org</a> network.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Brooks Pure Connect

Postby Nikko » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:04 am

Hey hey, I got me some Brooks pure connects recently and though I've only been out in them a couple of times, I have to say I love them!! I've never liked big bulky running shoes, aesthetically or performance wise so these are perfect and I love the fact that Brooks running shoes are all vegan.

I understand they're sort of an in between shoe as far as minimalists go, I've had no negative feedback so far.....

Does anyone else have a pair, wanna swap stories??
Nikko

Re: Brooks Pure Connect

Postby Adena » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:37 pm

Good to know that all of Brooks running shoes are vegan! I don't have any stories to swap, but as my new puppy destroyed my running shoes, I'm in the market for a new pair.
Adena

Brooks Pure Connect

Postby Nikko » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:55 am

[quote="Adena"]Good to know that all of Brooks running shoes are vegan! I don't have any stories to swap, but as my new puppy destroyed my running shoes, I'm in the market for a new pair.

Yep it's awesome, all but one pair of their shoes (a walking shoe) are vegan. I can definitely recommend the pure line, but they are a minimal shoe. I love them...though I land mid foot so support in the heal isn't much of an issue. They have good arch support too which for me is really important.
Nikko

Postby Adena » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:28 pm

[quote="Nikko"][quote="Adena"]Good to know that all of Brooks running shoes are vegan! I don't have any stories to swap, but as my new puppy destroyed my running shoes, I'm in the market for a new pair.

Yep it's awesome, all but one pair of their shoes (a walking shoe) are vegan. I can definitely recommend the pure line, but they are a minimal shoe. I love them...though I land mid foot so support in the heal isn't much of an issue. They have good arch support too which for me is really important.

I was actually lookin at the Brooks Pure Connect since somebody mentioned them in another thread. I was thinking of trying minimalist shoes, actually.
Adena

Postby Hiking Fox » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:41 am

I very much recommend running in minimalist shoes, as cushioned shoes flatten your foot arch, encourage you to slap your feet down harder and can contribute to all kinds of problems.

I have a pair of Brooks Green Silence, which I love.
Hiking Fox

Brooks Pure Connect

Postby Nikko » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:58 am

[quote="Hiking Fox"]I very much recommend running in minimalist shoes, as cushioned shoes flatten your foot arch, encourage you to slap your feet down harder and can contribute to all kinds of problems.

I have a pair of Brooks Green Silence, which I love.

I was actually tossing up between the green silence and the pure connects. I definitely want to try some, probably be my next shoe. Running in minimalist shoes really does help to improve your technique.
Nikko

Postby ninearms » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:28 pm

Hmmm, not sure I'd call any of those shoes "minimalist"...
“Begin at the beginning,” the King said gravely, “and go on till you come to the end. Then stop.”
ninearms
Perked Member

Postby Hiking Fox » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:53 pm

Good point, I guess road running shoes can be more accurately categorised as:

Minimalist (e.g. barefoot shoes)

Racing flats (like Brooks Green Silence)

Cushioned (anything padded that encourages heel-strike)
Hiking Fox

Brooks Pure Connect

Postby Nikko » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:12 am

[quote="ninearms"]Hmmm, not sure I'd call any of those shoes "minimalist"...

You're right, but they're not your typical running shoe either, really low almost non existent heel drop. What Fox said pretty well sums it up :)
Nikko

Return to Vegan Runners