Vibram Five fingers anyone?

For all kinds of running related discussions, from sprinting to marathon, training to equipment. Also the forum for international <a href="http://www.veganrunners.org">veganrunners.org</a> network.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Re: Vibram Five fingers anyone?

Postby Dr.Galactus » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:17 pm

Has anyone found anywhere in the UK to buy these for less than twice the price they are in the US?
I'm used companies here just replacing the $ with a £ making things 1.6x the price but doubling it is just stupid, the sensible option now seems to be buying two pairs from the US then selling one on ebay.
Dr.Galactus

Postby Gulliver » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:14 pm

I got a pair off ebay that I suspect may have been fakes. I'm 90% sure they were the real deal, but you never know. They were under £30.

In any case, I enjoyed them until they wore out and then I went back to running in my feiyue tai chi shoes, which I prefer.
Herbivorous Rex - Higher-protein vegan recipes with bad food photography.
Use the code MP135271 to get 5% off at MyProtein (including rice, pea, hemp and soya protein)!
Gulliver

Postby drrtyoldpunk » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:19 pm

I have a pair of KSOs and went too far too soon in them when I first got them, thus putting myself out of action for a month with a soft-tissue injury. I went back running less than 3k in them for the first week, then 5k and am now up to 11k on the road. I want to invest in a pair of Spiridons as I love trail running and the KSOs are absolutely crap on wet, muddy trails. Think Bambi on ice!
drrtyoldpunk

Postby Dr.Galactus » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:10 am

Re: My previous post
http://www.vibramfivefingers.it/default.aspx much cheaper than sites in the UK and 'only' £15ish more than the US with the current £/€ exchange rate :D
Dr.Galactus

Previous

Return to Vegan Runners