Training mentality of Anton Krupicka

For all kinds of running related discussions, from sprinting to marathon, training to equipment. Also the forum for international <a href="http://www.veganrunners.org">veganrunners.org</a> network.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Training mentality of Anton Krupicka

Postby E-P » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:26 pm

My first post for centuries, so hello again everyone!

Just wanted to start a discussion regarding Anton Krupicka's training. I really like his blog, interviews etc. as he is really down to earth (as most of the ultra runners are). However, I can't stop myself being amazed when I follow his training (http://antonkrupicka.blogspot.co.uk/).

He just can't stop moving no matter how badly he is injured. I had a look on his blog first time for a while and it seems he has had some difficulties with his shin. Still every day he is hitting the trails for a run or speed walking. In my common sense when you are injured or recovering from an injury and feeling awkward you start really slowly and have many day offs. However, Anton seems to be heading out 6 days a week regardless of the level of pain and agony. In the bad days, he just takes a bit "easier".

In the comment section of his blog some other people have shared these same thoughts, but what I've seen he never commented them. Am I just being over-protective of mine and Anton's injuries, or is he too obsessed with running to rest more than one day a week regardless of the injury situation? :P What do you think of this?

E-P

ps. Maybe he has had some proper rests when being injured, but I have missed these moments from his blog as I don't follow it religiously.
E-P

Re: Training mentality of Anton Krupicka

Postby Fallen_Horse » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:17 pm

Perhaps he knows just how far he can push his body before severe problems start? I would definitely not train hard while injured, but I weight-lift. Perhaps running is somehow different?
Lovin' it!
Fallen_Horse

Postby E-P » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:31 pm

[quote="Fallen_Horse"]Perhaps he knows just how far he can push his body before severe problems start? I would definitely not train hard while injured, but I weight-lift. Perhaps running is somehow different?

Yeah, I bet he knows his limits better than I do :P It just seems like his weekly posts in summary are "My shin was hurting, but I ran anyway...took it 'easy' though", and I was wondering if anyway else had noticed this type of attitude.

Either way, I hope he will be in his peak condition soon!
E-P

Postby skoptic » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:43 pm

Thanks, interesting.. never read his blog before :)

I do think that it's a very personal thing, knowing what your body can handle - so he might be happy keeping training staying just under the serious injury radar. But then again ... some people need to run regularly for loads of interesting 'reasons' - we're all mad if you look under the bonnet ;)
skoptic
Facebook Admin

Postby ha » Wed May 09, 2012 1:54 am

Sounds like he doesnt know how to train properly yet. No wonder he gets a stress fracture from tripping over a stick.
raw vegan banana case that has cycled over 190 000km cycled as a vegan.

y - youtube.com/durianriders
f - facebook.com/durianrider
t - twitter.com/durianryder
b - durianrider.org
w - 30bananasaday.com

Drink up, carb up, sleep up... cos everyday is the day to live it up!
ha

Postby ColleenE » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:47 pm

He runs about 180-200 miles every week. Clearly, while it is admirable, it is also addictive behavior. Compulsive exercise can be harmful if we can't learn to stop EVER. Hitting the brain with those cannabis-like chemicals constantly gives us a high that is undeniable. Anton is human, and he is addicted.
ColleenE

Postby Big Foot Marty » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:54 pm

unless you are an elite athletre with a similar body NEVER follow/copy anyone elses plan program.

He missed a lot or races in recent years due to injuries from over use.

Workout and have fun.

Unless you can live like a pro athlete (workout and rest during the day) and not have to work a 40-50-60 hour week you should not copy the elites.

When healthy Anton is a stud....
Former football player now a runner and new Vegan. Run several marathons and other races now trying to learn how to eat and thrive on Vegan diet. And run successfully for Fun... Blogs - http://veggierunnereating.blogspot.com/
Big Foot Marty

Return to Vegan Runners