Garmin forerunner 110

For all kinds of running related discussions, from sprinting to marathon, training to equipment. Also the forum for international <a href="http://www.veganrunners.org">veganrunners.org</a> network.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Garmin forerunner 110

Postby chloe » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:08 am

well for better or worse,...i just brought a garmin fore runner 110, its the smallest gps watch i could find that wouldnt look totally silly on my little wrists!I read all sorts of reviews mostly good, a few worrying bad things said about it but decided i wanted it anyway :-) hopefully i wont be let down by it,.. anyone else got one?? or heard first hand pros or cons about it?
chloe

Re: Garmin forerunner 110

Postby xrodolfox » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:58 am

I have the much bigger 305, and I love it. I've had it for three or four years now (?). It was a gift, and it works great. I use it at least once a week, if not up to 4 times a week. No problems ever.
"The worker has the right to leave his boss, but can she do it? And if she does quit him, is it in order to lead a free life; where she will have no master but herself? No, she leaves to sell herself to another employer. She's driven by the same hunger. Thus the worker's liberty is only a theoretical freedom, lacking any means of realization; an utter falsehood."
-Bakunin
xrodolfox
Site Admin

Postby vCLaW » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:54 pm

I've got a Forerunner 110, and I rather like it. Yes, the best thing is it is pretty small/lightweight (and cheap). And it seems good at getting a GPS signal, pretty accurate, and works fine with the heart rate monitor. Battery life seems pretty good - long enough for any races I am doing anyway.
It does what I want - ie tells me time/distance/speed/heart rate, plus records all of this for downloading to my PC.

It is a bit basic, as to what the watch can do - ie it doesn't do any sort of intervals, and it is useless for navigation. But I'm not too bothered about that, I have other Garmins I can use for navigating.
Also it only tells you you average pace/speed over the lap, not your current pace/speed. But you can set the autolap to 400m, then it should be close enough.
vCLaW

Postby crapiecorn » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:56 pm

I also have a 110, work pretty great. The only thing that bothers me a bit is that you can't see your current split time. So timing your rest between intervals is not really possible. For track sessions I still use my plain Timex watch.
crapiecorn

Postby Tammy » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:00 am

Hello:
I have the 205, I do not use many fetchers, the only problem I have had with it is the charger. I have to fiddle with it to get it to charge some times.. I called the 800# the support staff was great, but the cradle maybe on its last legs.:-(
Tammy
ON Canada
Please don't litter, FIX your critter
Tammy

Postby runner » Tue May 22, 2012 12:22 pm

Also have the 110 downside I stoped writhing my logg.
support this wonderfull organisation:
http://www.towerhillstables.com
runner

Postby ColleenE » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:42 pm

Sorry to be a downer, but I hate the 110. I had a 305 and loved it until it died, but my 110 has been nothing but a disappointment. The "average" pace (rather than instant pace) it registers is very inconvenient. It is much further off than my 305 in terms of measuring pace and distance. The charger is a nightmare: sometimes it charges, sometimes not, the form of it is awkward.
ColleenE

Postby runner » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:21 pm

Get 30 meters short on 1000 on my home track... Think that'spretty much... Use it mainly to get my weekly miles.. Not good for shorter work.. Ok for long runns
support this wonderfull organisation:
http://www.towerhillstables.com
runner

Return to Vegan Runners