Jogging strollers

For all kinds of running related discussions, from sprinting to marathon, training to equipment. Also the forum for international <a href="http://www.veganrunners.org">veganrunners.org</a> network.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Jogging strollers

Postby ElaineV » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:49 pm

I have recently found a part of me that enjoys running. I did the Couch to 5K program and it worked for me. In order to continue running, it will be best if I bring my son with me so that I don't have to always schedule my runs during times when other people can watch him.

I bought a sturdy jogging stroller off Craigslist that works fine. But I will want a better one in the future - something that's lighter weight, folds up smaller, less bulky... but still sturdy, strong, reliable.

Who uses a jogging stroller and what are your recommendations?
ElaineV

Re: Jogging strollers

Postby xrodolfox » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:55 pm

I had a jogging stroller but never used it for running. It sucked running with it. I think you'll just have to try a bunch out that fit your budget. We had no budget, so I just got two for free and tried them out.
The biggest problem I had is that jogging strollers were set for a woman's height/stride and I always knocked my knees into that bar. Ouch. A stroller that works for you might not work for someone else, and vice-versa. I suggest you just go to a store and a try a few out. Have your kid get into it too, as my kids loved one of the two we had, but hated the other. You'll need something that the kid likes as much as you do.
"The worker has the right to leave his boss, but can she do it? And if she does quit him, is it in order to lead a free life; where she will have no master but herself? No, she leaves to sell herself to another employer. She's driven by the same hunger. Thus the worker's liberty is only a theoretical freedom, lacking any means of realization; an utter falsehood."
-Bakunin
xrodolfox
Site Admin

Postby daf » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:02 pm

Dunno if you can get them in the US but we have an old Mountain Buggy, that is great, but is a little bulky. But robust as hell, mind.

Baby jogger do great 3 wheelers, but are rather pricey, as such never got to try one out.
---
I need a remedy of diesel and dust, something I can taste with a fix I can trust.
daf

Postby ElaineV » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:55 am

I was hating the one we got off craigslist because it wouldn't fold up and fit in my car. So I put a ton of oil on the folding hinge and now it's great. I really like the stroller. And my son does, too. He's only complained on one run.
ElaineV

Postby roper » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:16 am

I know this is quite an old post but bob strollers are great.
I used this one.

http://www.bobgear.com/ironman

They are tall enough so no bending, have goo foot clearance when you are taking bigger strides, have a safety brake if you fall, have a drinks console can come with full rain cover or sun and bug net. You can also adjust the line of the front wheel if you feel it pulls to the side.
I ran a few marathon distances with mine and many km in training. The sun bug cover is fantastic and protected my son for 3+ hours while he slept or chatted.
roper

Return to Vegan Runners