intervals / yasso 800's

For all kinds of running related discussions, from sprinting to marathon, training to equipment. Also the forum for international <a href="http://www.veganrunners.org">veganrunners.org</a> network.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

intervals / yasso 800's

Postby mish123 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:04 am

I started sprinting 550 meters with the intention of slowly working my way up to 800 meter (yasso's 800) -The day after I do intervals my knees hurt - has anyone had the same experience? I think its when I try to run really fast my running form isn't correct hence knee pains..?... -
mish123

Re: intervals / yasso 800's

Postby skoptic » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:49 am

It's difficult to say as it could be many things, but speed increases should be gradual just like distance increases should be gradual. I've never 'sprinted' a yasso 800 ... run fast but not sprinted. If I do trackwork (which I do rarely) and get all excited and go like the clappers, I usually end up with sore achilles, tight calves, over stretched quads - you name it!

It might be form, but very hard to say. I think it's worth building up your intervals more progressively maybe? Fast running usually helps you work on form, so maybe do the reps slower and concentrate on good form? Anything which hurts the body the day after usually means you're overcooking it!
skoptic
Facebook Admin

Re: intervals / yasso 800's

Postby ross88guy » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:52 pm

If you knees are hurting then you probably are either running too regularly on a hard surface or you need to do some lower body and core exercises in the gym to build the strength of your support muscles up. It could also be that you are running in old or worn out shoes?

2012 Goals:
Sub 39min 10k
Sub 12 IronMan
Blog - Suunto Quest
ross88guy

Return to Vegan Runners