Carl Lewis - marathon challenge

For all kinds of running related discussions, from sprinting to marathon, training to equipment. Also the forum for international <a href="http://www.veganrunners.org">veganrunners.org</a> network.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Carl Lewis - marathon challenge

Postby Konstantin » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:37 pm

Olympic champion sprinter Carl Lewis is going to be 50 this year so is taking on a marathon. He says the furthest he has ever run is FOUR MILES!!

You can see his video here.

This is going to be really interesting.

Another vegan-running-celeb story is Bassist Flea from Red Hot Chilli Peppers. he just took up distance running and did the LA marathon, finishing in 3:53:00. Not bad for a 48 yo novice.
You can see my training log if you're really bored: [url]www.veganfitness.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16086&start=360[/url]
Konstantin

Re: Carl Lewis - marathon challenge

Postby baldy » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:41 pm

[quote="Konstantin"]
Another vegan-running-celeb story is Bassist Flea from Red Hot Chilli Peppers. he just took up distance running and did the LA marathon, finishing in 3:53:00. Not bad for a 48 yo novice.

Is flea vegan? He is an amazing guy, little crazy but great musician and funky dresser.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Re: Carl Lewis - marathon challenge

Postby Konstantin » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:06 pm

I hear he's vegan, but it's internet evidence. There's much more reliable evidence that the vocalist Anthony Keidis (spelled wrong!) is vegan tho. Carl Lewis definitely was during and post career - he felt it helped him look better for his acting career.
You can see my training log if you're really bored: [url]www.veganfitness.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16086&start=360[/url]
Konstantin

Return to Vegan Runners