There's no such thing as a vegan and my max aerobic function

For all kinds of running related discussions, from sprinting to marathon, training to equipment. Also the forum for international <a href="http://www.veganrunners.org">veganrunners.org</a> network.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

There's no such thing as a vegan and my max aerobic function

Postby KjKranz » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:22 pm

My last blog post at http://www.runningonthewhiteline.com/2011/03/there-is-no-such-thing-as-vegan-plus-my.html may be of interest to the runners here.

The first part about there not being any such thing as a vegan came from when some farmer sent me the image and I posted my reply to him. I would be interested in your thoughts.

Next I had my lipid panel done, and the results were good.

Finally I did my aerobic function test. It's a way to measure aerobic progress. You may be able to do a 16 minute 5k but if you can't run 7 minute miles at 150 beats per minute that is showing weak aerobic system. In the past few months I have cut almost 30 seconds off my pace while running at 155 heart beats per minute during this test! Thoughts on this as well?
KjKranz

Re: There's no such thing as a vegan and my max aerobic func

Postby ha » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:46 am

#Well what if your running sub 15mins and your max hr is 165 cos of your genetics? ;) Good work on your fitness improvements bro. Dont get caught in the trap of comparing watts/HR to people that have different body weight/MHR to you otherwise. I know out of shape crew that can run at 150 and be close to max. Ive hiked/jogged at 150 for 8 hours in Costa Rica once.

HR doesnt mean much but your % of HR means a lot more. Does that make sense? What if your MHR is 230? 150 is a brisk walk and your over 200 to run at 4min pace if your a 20min 5k runner.

#No such thing as a vegan? Thats what my redneck mates say when Im using my macbook. One said 'the delivery truck driver probably ate a big mac for lunch and then dropped off your mac at the shop, so that makes you complicit to animal murder vegan boy! HA!'. I said 'Hey, feel free to go back to sleep any time bro!'

You aint a cyclist unless you win every race you enter.
You aint a proper parent if your child cries once.
You aint a good partner if you dont give em a 2hr foot massage each day.
You aint a good driver if you scraped your hubcap cover once.
You aint a vegan if you stepped on an ant accidentally.

You just gotta laugh at the emotional bs some people tell emselves that allows em to justify their complacency and never take any real action in life. 'I cant be a vegan cos I might find a roach knee cap in my tofu burger and that would destroy my reputation and confidence in society. Im so fragile as it is that Im just looking at reasons to stay fragile and never make my life count for anything more than fucking, consuming, hating and dying.
raw vegan banana case that has cycled over 190 000km cycled as a vegan.

y - youtube.com/durianriders
f - facebook.com/durianrider
t - twitter.com/durianryder
b - durianrider.org
w - 30bananasaday.com

Drink up, carb up, sleep up... cos everyday is the day to live it up!
ha

Postby runner » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:32 pm

agree with HA,

your rate and my rate are different. usefull could be time it takes you to drop to rest rate after excersice, but than again rest rate should be yours not mine or anybody else one.
support this wonderfull organisation:
http://www.towerhillstables.com
runner

Postby ha » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:15 am

Also I forgot to add:

KEEP ON GETTING EARLY NIGHTS
KEEP ON STAYING CARBED UP AND HYDRATED
KEEP ON TRAINING SMART
KEEP ON SETTING GOALS
KEEP ON LEARNING
KEEP ON HAVING FUN
KEEP ON SMASHING IT AND USING THE NAYSAYERS AS YOUR EPO!!!!!!!!
raw vegan banana case that has cycled over 190 000km cycled as a vegan.

y - youtube.com/durianriders
f - facebook.com/durianrider
t - twitter.com/durianryder
b - durianrider.org
w - 30bananasaday.com

Drink up, carb up, sleep up... cos everyday is the day to live it up!
ha

Return to Vegan Runners