My Vegan Column

For all kinds of running related discussions, from sprinting to marathon, training to equipment. Also the forum for international <a href="http://www.veganrunners.org">veganrunners.org</a> network.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

My Vegan Column

Postby KjKranz » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:43 pm

Hi fellow runners! I have not posted here in a few months but need to get back into visiting forums.

I actually came here for a little support. I wrote a column for my school newspaper here: http://www.sdsucollegian.com/opinion/co ... -1.1814581 and am getting reeled by all the ag students on campus. A couple positive comments or other opinions from some vegans would be nice if you can spare a second on the comment section or maybe pass it on to others.

Thanks all
KjKranz

Re: My Vegan Column

Postby Lovely.Rita » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:32 pm

ah boy, that really got people agitated! I'll check it out more carefully this weekend and post something encouraging. I grew up in close proximity to a large slaughterhouse so I have some strong opinions to share :)
Lovely.Rita

Postby bronco » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:55 pm

Oh, you certainly did get a crazy amount of really stupid comments to that, what is wrong with people :( .
[quote="JP"]Spirulina is a badass crew, and they often just hang around in street corners looking to beat up proteins.

They oftenget confused by the fact that they are almost half protein themselves.
bronco
Site Admin

Postby crapiecorn » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:33 pm

[quote]I'd suggest that you do some actual research instead of relying on opinionated articles to draw facts from. God made animals so man could have food and there's nothing morally wrong against such

Oh boy, this must be a joke.
crapiecorn

Postby KjKranz » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:34 am

Thanks everyone. Also any adds on Facebook would be excellent. I could always use more veg and or runner friends!
KjKranz

Postby chloe » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:35 pm

wow. those comments are totally f**ked up!!I cant bear to read stuff like that,its so depressing how so many people think!
good article though!
chloe

Postby mabli » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:03 am

[quote="crapiecorn"][quote]I'd suggest that you do some actual research instead of relying on opinionated articles to draw facts from. God made animals so man could have food and there's nothing morally wrong against such

Oh boy, this must be a joke.

Im an atheist so may not have grasped the creation myth, but as far as I can see God was keen folk should be vegan

Genesis "God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat."

its not in quaran but its in torah and bible
mabli

Postby xrodolfox » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:59 am

just responded.

Frankly, I know you are in SD, but I stick away from Bible quotes. Bringing that in generally never goes well.
"The worker has the right to leave his boss, but can she do it? And if she does quit him, is it in order to lead a free life; where she will have no master but herself? No, she leaves to sell herself to another employer. She's driven by the same hunger. Thus the worker's liberty is only a theoretical freedom, lacking any means of realization; an utter falsehood."
-Bakunin
xrodolfox
Site Admin

Postby KjKranz » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:41 pm

A few days ago I had a great conversation with a christian ag student. We discussed a great deal on religion (I'm nontheistic buddhist). I explained that before The Fall we were all meant to be vegans. Only after man began living in sin was it acceptable to consume meat. I would think most christians would like to model themselves after the model of man before we sinned.
KjKranz

Postby runrevolt » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:26 am

Who sinned? Not me!
http://www.runvegan.wordpress.com
runrevolt

Return to Vegan Runners