Running Headphones

For all kinds of running related discussions, from sprinting to marathon, training to equipment. Also the forum for international <a href="http://www.veganrunners.org">veganrunners.org</a> network.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Running Headphones

Postby NeoEvaX » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:30 pm

I need help.. My headphones suck.

My ears are an odd shape, I have decided. My Apple earbuds just fall out after one stride while running. I tried to get some of those earphones with rubber that sorta hold in the ear itself, they fall out about ever 100m while running. (And if I am running over 5 miles that gets very annoying)

Does anyone have any suggestions on a good pare of headphones. I used to have a good sony pair that would go around each individual ear and rotate to get the best sound, but they dont sell them anymore. They just sell these weird blue ones that face forward (somehow designed for some mutant.. or maybe I am a mutant..)

I am thinking I need a pair that just go over my head. I have a pretty big head so most of those(the cheep ones) tend to just bow too much and not sit comfortably on my head, even at the biggest setting.

what do you use to listen to while running? Any other big headed/big eared people out there have any suggestions?

I have a nike plus ipod nano strapped to my left arm, currently. I listen to podcasts or books on tape while I run.
NeoEvaX

Re: Running Headphones

Postby baldy » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:29 pm

Apple airbuds are not great, I used to use these but some people find them uncomfortable. Sennheiser MX85 Headphones
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby crapiecorn » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:40 pm

I like this kind of design, doens't move at all.

http://www.mp3shop.nl/images/product/96 ... 7&shopid=1
crapiecorn

Postby NeoEvaX » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:59 pm

[quote="crapiecorn"]I like this kind of design, doens't move at all.

http://www.mp3shop.nl/images/product/96 ... 7&shopid=1

The problem with those is my large head. They end up pinching my head a ton. So that the actual buds bow a bit out and dont go straight in the ears. I never really figured I had a big head till I started wearing headphones for running, haha.

[quote="baldy"]Apple airbuds are not great, I used to use these but some people find them uncomfortable. Sennheiser MX85 Headphones

Those look very interesting. Those lighter bits go into the other part of the ear with the ridge? I will have to look into those.
NeoEvaX

Postby susand828 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:12 pm

I'm just glad that I'm not the only one with ear buds falling out spontaneously over and over(and making me shriek words that are most unladylike and require too much oxygen while running :D )
I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again. (Anonymous)
susand828

Return to Vegan Runners