Does running hurt?

For all kinds of running related discussions, from sprinting to marathon, training to equipment. Also the forum for international <a href="http://www.veganrunners.org">veganrunners.org</a> network.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Re: Does running hurt?

Postby Herbsman » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:57 pm

Well I did some turbo business today. Not too brutal as I don't want to mash myself up too badly (I still need to be able to cycle to work and back every day) plus I won't be racing until next year.

Tomorrow if I can get up early enough (stayed up a bit late tonight... oops) It will be a pre-work run, probably 1 or 2 miles maximum, just enough to get some activity in without mashing up my joints too much.

Then a post-work swim... and I f--king HATE swimming, so that will be a difficult one.
Herbsman

Postby IronGirl » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:48 pm

I feel an Ironman coming on here. If swimming is not your thing try something like the Zofingen Duathlon IM distance Duathlon).

Doing the long bike and long run back to back ought to slow you down for a couple of days!

That said.........go harder!!!!! I'll never forget meeting Chris Boardman the day after he got his hour record on the track. It was 24 hours after he had ridden it and the guy could barely walk!!

What terrain are you riding on.......5 or 6 hours in the hills, ATTACKING the hills is always good for a laugh.
IronGirl

Postby Herbsman » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:34 pm

Running definitely hurts. My knees have been ruined for the last 2 weeks
Herbsman

Postby xrodolfox » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:32 pm

[quote="Herbsman"]Then a post-work swim... and I f--king HATE swimming, so that will be a difficult one.

WHAT!??!?!

In seriousness. Why the hate towards swimming.
"The worker has the right to leave his boss, but can she do it? And if she does quit him, is it in order to lead a free life; where she will have no master but herself? No, she leaves to sell herself to another employer. She's driven by the same hunger. Thus the worker's liberty is only a theoretical freedom, lacking any means of realization; an utter falsehood."
-Bakunin
xrodolfox
Site Admin

Postby Herbsman » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:27 am

[quote="xrodolfox"][quote="Herbsman"]Then a post-work swim... and I f--king HATE swimming, so that will be a difficult one.

WHAT!??!?!

In seriousness. Why the hate towards swimming.

drowning.
Herbsman

Previous

Return to Vegan Runners