favorite time to run

For all kinds of running related discussions, from sprinting to marathon, training to equipment. Also the forum for international <a href="http://www.veganrunners.org">veganrunners.org</a> network.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

favorite time to run

morning
40%
mid-day
40%
evening
No votes
nighttime/ dark
20%
other
No votes

Total votes : 5

favorite time to run

Postby MikayP » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:08 am

did a run this evening, and because of daylight savings it meant I ran in the dark. havent done it in a while and realized i really prefer doing it in the dark, totally forgot how much i enjoy them. cant really put my finger on it, but i seem to just enjoy doing it under the moon for some reason. need to find my headlamp tho, gotta watch out for those cracks on the trails/sidewalk

so, whens your favorite time to run? i know some people may say "all the time", i mean i would too, but wanna know what everyones ideal outdoor run time is
Triathlon Coaching - http://www.PortmanCoaching.com

Facebook Page- http://www.facebook.com/PortmanCoaching

Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/MikePortman

Strava - http://app.strava.com/athletes/mike_portman
MikayP

Re: favorite time to run

Postby Konstantin » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:53 pm

Morning.

I'm crap at getting up and going early, but it's great once you're out and going, and it means you're not running after a day's work. It's also brilliant to see it getting lighter, starting in the dark and finishing in the light. See the world waking up from deserted to people getting going. At the weekend I had a great run from 7am till just after 10, along quiet lanes and roads that at other times are busy.

When I first started doing long runs they didn't work when I did them at any time other than early. If I went out after 11am and ran more than 16, I found I had trouble getting to sleep.
You can see my training log if you're really bored: [url]www.veganfitness.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16086&start=360[/url]
Konstantin

Postby crapiecorn » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:38 pm

ideal = Saturday, 6 am, cold, fresh snow
crapiecorn

Postby NeoEvaX » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:48 pm

Morning for me.

I always feel too heavy later in the day. After work I am always too mentally beat to get out and run. Mornings I am full of energy, everything is so quite too. Plus morning air is so still, cool. Not as much smog from cars yet either.

(For some reason it wont let me do the poll. It says my submission is invalid..)
NeoEvaX

Postby Mr. Cleetus » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:57 pm

hmm, I swear I clicked on evening, but there are 0 votes for eve... anyway, evening it is! Some of my best runs for nailing everything have been at dusk - and like MikayP I love nighttime runs - offroad techical runs with a headlamp are my favourite purely for the fun factor.
Mr. Cleetus

Postby E-P » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:13 pm

I hate early morning runs, everything else is fine. Lately I have had lots of midnight runs after busy day :D Really enjoyable though, quiet streets, nobody around, but lights are still on. Few times though have come across some crazy drunken chavs around and I hope it would be a little less windy sometimes :evil:
E-P

Postby Mr. Cleetus » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:23 pm

[quote="E-P"] Lately I have had lots of midnight runs after busy day :D

awesome! I have some fond memories of running 800m reps down a busy street at midnight one summer night almost 20 years ago now. One of my favourite running memories. I even remember the trashing my running partner gave me - but, hey, he could run a sub 30min 10km, so I have an excuse 8)
Mr. Cleetus

Postby vCLaW » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:56 pm

Morning runs are nice, but I usually can't be bothered getting up early, so most of my runs are from about midday or later in the afternoon. Though now the nights are drawing in, I'll have to try and get out a bit earlier to be back before dark.

Night-time runs in the woods with a headtorch are great fun. Nice and quiet, sometimes see interesting animals, plus can be a bit scary.
But I'm not so keen on road running after dark - I live out in the country, and there's no pavements or streetlights around here, so I'm worried I'll get run over. Maybe I need to attach lots of flashing lights to myself?
vCLaW

Postby Gastroplodder » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:42 am

I once tried an early morning run but haven't been tempted since :)

If I'm not at work then mid-morning is my favourite time. Otherwise late afternoon, after work before tea (dinner).
Probably the fastest vegan elf at Abingdon parkrun

http://gastroplodder.vegebear.com/blog
Gastroplodder

Postby Darcy » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:30 am

Mornings are my fave but unfortunately they're my fave for *everything* I do - so working in the morning usually takes priority.

Do people who run in the morning eat breakfast? I haven't worked out how to handle this yet!
Darcy

Postby Konstantin » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:33 am

[quote="Darcy"]
Do people who run in the morning eat breakfast? I haven't worked out how to handle this yet!

Small breakfast then a massive one afterwards.
You can see my training log if you're really bored: [url]www.veganfitness.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16086&start=360[/url]
Konstantin

Postby Meshounah » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:22 pm

Isn't letting me vote, but I'm a mid-day kind of guy. I'm also a teenager, so getting up early voluntarily is tough :wink:
Meshounah

Postby soniczip » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:06 pm

at lunch break
i'm focusing on some kind of stuff
soniczip

Postby NeoEvaX » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:08 pm

[quote="Darcy"]Do people who run in the morning eat breakfast? I haven't worked out how to handle this yet!

I tend to drink some water and have some fruit or something small, then wait about 20 minutes to start. Usually my stretching time works out perfectly.

Also, running after my morning poop is sooo much better :)
NeoEvaX

Postby skoptic » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:25 am

Heh ... nice to see who are the "early birds" and the slightly more lazy runners ;-). Personally I'm a lunch time guy .... middle of the day :-)
skoptic
Facebook Admin

Next

Return to Vegan Runners