first time racers?

For all kinds of running related discussions, from sprinting to marathon, training to equipment. Also the forum for international <a href="http://www.veganrunners.org">veganrunners.org</a> network.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

first time racers?

Postby laur15 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:22 am

Is anyone doing races for the first time this year? I'm doing some (I did one last year, but I don't count it as I didn't do it for me). I am excited and looking forward to training for distances I've not done before. Anyone else?
laur15

Postby happyfeet » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:57 pm

I plan on running about 5 races this year. (from 5k up to marathon, perhaps a 50k) I've been a solitary runner my whole life, not given any thought to racing, not to mention they mostly start too early in the morning on the weekends!

I'm looking forward to it, kind of giddy actually. My first race of the year will be a half marathon next month in the Knoxville, TN area.

What's your race? tell us how it goes.

k
happyfeet

Re: first time racers?

Postby Fjodo » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:11 pm

I will have my first race in September!

Well, there is another one just around the corner in two weeks, so maybe... 8)
http://www.veganfitness.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20596
This is my running log. Look it up! I appreciate any kind of response. Just try to be not way too hard, I started only recently.
Fjodo

Postby ha » Mon May 03, 2010 12:09 am

Ive ran a few marathons and my first ultramarathon last year and what Ive found helpful is just to watch a race and see the types of people that are finishing it. It gets us fired up cos we say to ourselves 'If that person can do it! I can do it too! No excuses!'.

Every morning there is people eating junk and going out training. So there is no excuse for us healthier eaters to not be doing the sports we love to do.
raw vegan banana case that has cycled over 190 000km cycled as a vegan.

y - youtube.com/durianriders
f - facebook.com/durianrider
t - twitter.com/durianryder
b - durianrider.org
w - 30bananasaday.com

Drink up, carb up, sleep up... cos everyday is the day to live it up!
ha

Postby CaliforniaLinz » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:25 pm

As my signature says, I'm running my first half marathon in October, then my first marathon in December, if everything goes according to plan! Woohoo.
"Obstacles are those frightening things that become visible when we take our eyes off our goals." ~ Henry Ford

"Running is the greatest metaphor for life because you get out of it what you put in." ~Oprah

Running my first Half-Marathon : Sacramento Urban Cow Half, Oct 3
Running my first Marathon: California International Marathon, Dec 5
CaliforniaLinz

Postby 4571 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:15 pm

I'm running my first marathon in 4 weeks :) Have done 2 1/2s before and lots of 20k + in training runs, my longest training run for this has been 36k and I am definately looking forwards to it :) Bit scared, very excited........

Postby E-P » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:41 pm

People, don't forget to write race reports. At least I find them always really interesting to read!
E-P

Postby skoptic » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:01 pm

Good work to see people getting out for their first races :-)

I've done many - but still really enjoy the atmosphere at the start .. watching everyone prepare differently and then running together with loads of people. Have fun guys!
skoptic
Facebook Admin

Postby Ombah » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:13 pm

I'm doing my first race in two months (16th October) and now I don't feel prepared enough. 10 km extreme terrain. I need to train more and better now!
Ombah

Return to Vegan Runners