what shoes do you run with?

For all kinds of running related discussions, from sprinting to marathon, training to equipment. Also the forum for international <a href="http://www.veganrunners.org">veganrunners.org</a> network.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Postby runner » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:39 am

asics racer
asics spikes
nike air max moto 5
nike free

and some old shoes (mitzuno)
support this wonderfull organisation:
http://www.towerhillstables.com
runner

Love the Pearl Izumi SyncroGuide

Postby Big Foot Marty » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:04 pm

Ihave been in the Pearl Izumi SyncroGuide shoe for 3 years now ( on 10th pair) As a big runner with bad football knees I love the forefoot cushioning. :lol: 8)
Former football player now a runner and new Vegan. Run several marathons and other races now trying to learn how to eat and thrive on Vegan diet. And run successfully for Fun... Blogs - http://veggierunnereating.blogspot.com/
Big Foot Marty

EEEE

Postby JohnV » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:34 pm

Nike Zoom Air Structure were available in 10EEEE and seem to be good for me. They were far more comfortable for my wide feet than anything else I tried. I'd injured my self while running in Avia Cantilever shoes, so those have been demoted to my occasional nonrunning shoes.
John V

an evolving primate
JohnV

Postby dagdag » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:09 am

Anything light weight, the feeling of going fast helps on the long runs and when doing speed work. Puma and Asics are favs though.. going 120-160k a week requires good shoes :)
It's not running if it doesn't hurt.
dagdag

Postby timruns » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:53 am

at the moment most of my running is in nike frees 3.0. i really like the shoe it is light and very flexible.
timruns

Postby GrahamC » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:01 am

My beloved favourites.
GrahamC

Postby Mr. Cleetus » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:47 pm

[quote="GrahamC"]

My beloved favourites.

nooooooiiiiiice! I always wished I could run in those. They are too minimal for me tho.
Mr. Cleetus

Postby Lucky Ox » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:38 am

Asics Kayano on the road, Asics Torana on the trail, and my beloved Montrail D7 appoach shoes when I'm scrambling.
Lucky Ox

Postby GrahamC » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:47 am

[quote="Mr. Cleetus"][quote="GrahamC"]

My beloved favourites.

nooooooiiiiiice! I always wished I could run in those. They are too minimal for me tho.

I only use them for fell races, and training on mountains and moorland (which would be the only running I did, in an ideal world). I put so much trust in them on descents that I feel very warm affection for them. I'm about to retire a pair, and cannot throw them away. Does anyone else build up feelings of love for shoes that have carried them far?

For road its some Asics (I think), and for mixed road/trail some sluggardly bright orange montrails that were £15 a pair on sale (I bought four pairs, and I'm on the last pair).
GrahamC

Postby andyO » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:28 pm

[quote="GrahamC"]

My beloved favourites.

Oowsers, I used to love my innov8 mudrocs, but I used those orange innov8's last year and they gave me nasty nasty blisters! It seems those are either awesome for your feet or pure nasty. I've heard both reports. The soles are good though.

Nowadays I running in Walsh PB's on the hills. I love the retroness of the walshes and they still do their job well.

For the roads I've a pair of New Balance 768 (I think).
andyO

I'm a Saucony Girl

Postby bd » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:52 pm

[quote="Mr. Cleetus"]I havent found anything I am happier with for road running that Saucony Grid Hurricanes - too bad I cannot get them around here.

SOU6W2-1.jpg
I also run in Sauconys...but Omni 6's. I was fitted two years ago at my local run store but now buy them online at RunningWarehouse.com. (No, I don't work for them!) You get free 2-day shipping and they shoes are typically much cheaper than my run store. In fact, now that they have Omni 7's, I got two pair for $120 a few weeks ago. I'm set for fall marathon training season. I believe I've seen the hurricanes listed there.
bd

Postby timruns » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:18 am

[quote="andyO"][quote="GrahamC"]

Nowadays I running in Walsh PB's on the hills. I love the retroness of the walshes and they still do their job well.

I love the look of those shoes. I read "feet in the clouds" and love the idea of fell running. A few mates and I are thinking we should come over that side of the world to try the Bob Graham round.
timruns

Postby GrahamC » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:41 pm

[quote="andyO"][quote="GrahamC"]

My beloved favourites.

Funnily enough I bought a pair of Walsh PBs earlier this year, and don't get on with them at all. Worn em three times and that's enough. I did the Kinder Trog in them a few weeks ago and ended up with a blood blister the size of a 50p on my heel.
GrahamC

Postby andyO » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:50 pm

[quote="GrahamC"][quote="andyO"][quote="GrahamC"]

My beloved favourites.

Funnily enough I bought a pair of Walsh PBs earlier this year, and don't get on with them at all. Worn em three times and that's enough. I did the Kinder Trog in them a few weeks ago and ended up with a blood blister the size of a 50p on my heel.

lol we must need the opposite in fell shoes, that's just what the 'inov8 330 O's did to my feet. :) I did love my mudroc 290's when I had them though - i think it's just that particular inov8 shoe that eats my feet.

I did the Kinder Trog last year, it was really claggy on top of Kinder that day which was fun. A big blister on your heel going up that hill after decending from Edale Cross is not nice though, I can attest to that. :) How did you get on Graham?
andyO

Postby GrahamC » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:18 am

[quote="timruns"]

I love the look of those shoes. I read "feet in the clouds" and love the idea of fell running. A few mates and I are thinking we should come over that side of the world to try the Bob Graham round.

That might be quite a bold thing to do, but if you've done a few ultras, and have experience of running up and down steep hills reapeatedly for 24 hours at a stretch, then why not eh? :wink:

Do you have anything like fell running in Oz? If you want more reading material, you should join the FRA and get their thrice-yearly thich glossy magazine full of race reports, runner profiles and pretty pictures of big hills.

Andy: Well I shouldn't really even have turned up to the Trog, having done a 30 mile bike ride home followed by 4 hours sleep the night before, so I knew it wasn't going to be one of my best performances, but I did OK (18th out of 193). The going was really dry and firm, which made for some fast running (coming down off Edale cross was quite lively) but I'm more accustomed to Kinder top in its "death by chocolate gateau" mode. Good course, although nowhere as good as Edale Skyline.
GrahamC

PreviousNext

Return to Vegan Runners