Apparent blood blister on upper sole

For all kinds of running related discussions, from sprinting to marathon, training to equipment. Also the forum for international <a href="http://www.veganrunners.org">veganrunners.org</a> network.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Apparent blood blister on upper sole

Postby jamesndawson » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:16 pm

I woke up this morning with what looks and feels like a blood blister on the upper sole of my left foot, a bit under the left-most toes. It seems to have formed pretty much overnight. This is the same foot I've been having off and on achilles soreness/stiffness and knee/leg pain. Has anybody else had something like this in this area of the sole? I never have so it worries me a little. It's not too painful, but I do feel it. If so, what did you do?
James
jamesndawson

Re: Apparent blood blister on upper sole

Postby athlegan » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:25 pm

Hey, James. How did you get on with this?
athlegan
Site Admin

Re: Apparent blood blister on upper sole

Postby jamesndawson » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:05 pm

Thanks athlegan.
It wasn't actually a blood blister, just a sore made by the old boots I'm wearing. I didn't consider this as a possible cause before because I'd felt down with my fingers and pushed pretty hard all around, but couldn't feel any protruding nails or tacks, and I shook it out for any possible sharp pebbles, but nothing came out. Still, when I wore these boots, something, was wearing away at the area my sore was on. I put some cardboard soles in and it feels fine now. It's pretty much healed. I'd just never had anything like this before. Callouses yes, but sensitive sores, no.
James
jamesndawson

Return to Vegan Runners