LCL Tear

For injury and health related discussion and support only. Please note that this is not a substitute for seeing a health care professional.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

LCL Tear

Postby SunnyNomad » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:32 pm

Hi everyone.

I've recently been diagnosed with a grade 2 tear to my LCL on my left knee and looking to start my physio programme soon.
I'm interested in possible alternative medicines and dietary advice on ways to speed up the recovery of this injury.

I exercise regularly with yoga, cycling and the sport i do which caused the injury ( Brazilian Jiu Jitsu ). This will have to take a back seat for a while and possibly stop all together in the not too distant future.

Peace!
SunnyNomad

Re: LCL Tear

Postby athlegan » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:16 am

Sorry to hear that. I've had two knee surgeries and had to remove my left meniscus altogether. Still rolling BJJ though – so there's hope!

Nothing alternative to add but I'll mention that by far the number one reason people don't rehabilitate as fast as they can is because they don't follow through with their program. The first weeks are easy but be strict and keep with it 100% and you'll be much, much better off.
athlegan
Site Admin

Return to Injury Prevention and Support Forum