Chiropractor tonight... :-(

For injury and health related discussion and support only. Please note that this is not a substitute for seeing a health care professional.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Postby Catt Queen » Tue May 15, 2012 8:18 am

I don't know what's wrong, I don't know if it's an injury or something else... but I do know that I haven't been able to train for two weeks (first few days was due to a horrid flu type bug) due to what was initially neck pain, but then turned to shoulder pain, and yesterday became arm pain too.

This evening I'm seeing a highly recommended chiropractor who will hopefully be able to give me some answers... :(
Allie =^..^=
http://www.stronger.me.uk
Find me on Facebook
Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts.
That's what little girls are made of; to hell with sugar and spice.
Catt Queen

Re: Chiropractor tonight... :-(

Postby Lordmuppet » Tue May 15, 2012 8:30 am

my two cents.

for a 10th of the cost see a physio who is used by a great many athletes (a few athletes will probably use your chiro) and actually get it fixed.

fyi get ready for the semi hard sell speech from your chiro about how you need about 20 sessions and then one session a month for the rest of your life and that if you don't do this you will never be fully well.

Physios do not operate in this manner.

edited to add the old joke:

Hi I'm Doctor Smith, I'll be your chiropractor for the rest of your life

edited to say: apologies for the bitterness but as you can tell I had a very bad experience with a chiropractor. Anyway you can make up your own mind of course so I won't say more on the topic.

whatever happens and whoever you go to i hope you get it fixed :)
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Re: Chiropractor tonight... :-(

Postby baldy » Tue May 15, 2012 8:59 am

To add to this, the guys I know who used a Chiropractor swear by them at the time. Then about a year later they realise that whatever the chiropractor is doing just alleviates the problem for couple weeks to months, then it comes back.
They then go onto a sports massage or pyhsio.

Your chiro might be really good though.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby Talyn » Tue May 15, 2012 9:11 am

I've hurt my back a few years ago (muscle related), went to a physio who sorted me out in three sessions.

See a physio first and if it's still not resolved, then consider chiro.
Talyn
User Activation Admin

Return to Injury Prevention and Support Forum