Cutters Corner

Any queries about vegan diet, nutrition, dieting, bulking and healthy eating in general. Diets and food from vegan perspective.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Re: Cutters Corner

Postby baldy » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:37 pm

[quote="ninearms"]Tofu King Spicy Tofu = best tofu ever.

Its from Asian supermarket near your old crib in Guildford. First time I have been, great shop and selection of tofu goodies.

[quote="blinki"]Is that tins of mock duck? Do people actually eat and enjoy it?

I love it. Have you tried this? http://www.vegusto.co.uk/shop/schnitzel ... 50672.html best sietan I have had from a shop.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby blinki » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:04 pm

[quote="baldy"]I love it. Have you tried this? http://www.vegusto.co.uk/shop/schnitzel ... 50672.html best sietan I have had from a shop.

Not tried one of those but never seen them in a shop before and no chance of me paying £4 for 160g of food anyways :lol:

Two folk saying they love mock duck is slightly bizarre to me. I'll need to get over my crazy food being too meat like issue and go try some. It's probably a bit ridiculous that I've not tried it before really
blinki

Postby baldy » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:37 am

[quote="blinki"]
Two folk saying they love mock duck is slightly bizarre to me. I'll need to get over my crazy food being too meat like issue and go try some. It's probably a bit ridiculous that I've not tried it before really

Seitan gyoza might be good for a Seitan first timer? http://scrapbook.channel4.com/bookmarkB ... 9f77e110aa
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby blinki » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:59 pm

[quote="baldy"]Seitan gyoza might be good for a Seitan first timer? http://scrapbook.channel4.com/bookmarkB ... 9f77e110aa

thanks don't like miso or mushrooms though (according to my flatmate I don't like 'earthy' flavors but I don't know what that means :lol:) so won't be trying I that way. Might play it safe and go for curry

Got some 'peking vegetarian roast duck' today and some mock chicken which seems to be dried tofu. I generally don't like tofu much but might as well try while I'm at it
blinki

Postby JP » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:20 am

shit, blinki, you dont like much do you :D

out of all thousands of vegan foods, the only thing i dont like is pickled onions!
JP
Site Admin

Postby blinki » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:56 pm

It's only ever other vegans that think I'm fussy. I like every grain, pulse and veg I've ever encountered (apart from mushrooms and those Indian potatoes that think they are tomatoes if they aren't a fruit). To the average non-vegan that's pretty good going :lol:
blinki

Postby JP » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:37 am

mushrooms as well!

;)
JP
Site Admin

Postby sergio » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:35 am

I'm done with this. More than 7 kg in 2½ months, including christmas and 15 days without proper training (but some hiking). It could have been better but it hasn't been too bad. Muscle mass loss, well, I think it hasn't been drastic. Not ripped, but lighter. Feeling ok.

My love for MTB has come back to life.

Now please give me some peanut butter.
I accidentally replaced all of my blood with coffee.
sergio

Postby baldy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:53 am

[quote="sergio"]

:oops: I am eating PB and cutting..
baldy
Site Admin

Postby sergio » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:14 pm

[quote="baldy"][quote="sergio"]

:oops: I am eating PB and cutting..

hahah but you're probably fine with it.

I always do these things in a very intuitive way (and probably with a lot of mistakes), so I find myself avoiding foods that I could eat if I were more organized with macros and stuff. IIFYM, they say.
sergio

Postby blinki » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:39 pm

I ate my mock duck though still working up to the chicken. I had Thai curry and it was good though the flavor didn't totally fit, seemed for for a stew. Then I happened to find myself in Vegan Cross and got a bit excited so bought loads. I got a Wheaty (I think that's the make) kebab and roast beev. I enjoyed them all though the kebab was a bit too salty for me. It was totally different from my sietan. Mine's is horribly tense and it's so light in fluff by comparison.
blinki

Postby sergio » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:08 pm

Almost 7 kg in 6 weeks. This shit isn't funny. Still have some useless weight that I'd like to cut but it's starting to get harder and I'm a bit discouraged, it seems it has been there since I was a kid. Looking at my legs I'd say my -already weak- squat numbers are going to hell.

I dream with avocados and endless mountains of falafel.

I find troubles keeping protein high with a lower caloric intake. Any tips?
sergio

Postby blinki » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:17 pm

Eat more protein?

When I cut every day I have three of: ½ cup dry tvp, ½ cup vital wheat gluten, ½ pack tofu, ½ cup dry red lentils, 100g mince or 2 Linda McCartney sausages. I stop really eating rice or pasta and just have those with various veg and flavorings. Plus two protein shakes and the rest comes from smaller bits here and there.
blinki

Postby sergio » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:06 pm

Thanks! I skip some of these things (can't stand TVP or seitan). Fact is, I think I'm currently doing like 110/120 gr of protein at my best days. I'm 89 kg, should I aim for more?

What's the average gr protein x bodyweight you usually have when cutting?
sergio

Postby tal » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:17 pm

[quote="sergio"]What's the average gr protein x bodyweight you usually have when cutting?

A fairly general rule would be something like 1g per lb of bodyweight. That should be pretty easy to get.

More important things to worry about than this though, when cutting. Like making sure you are weight training.
tal

PreviousNext

Return to Vegan Diets, Nutrition and Healthy Eating