bulkers corner

Any queries about vegan diet, nutrition, dieting, bulking and healthy eating in general. Diets and food from vegan perspective.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Re: bulkers corner

Postby baldy » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:29 am

[quote="tomforster"]Does anybody else have a problem with appetite?

Recently, i've been trying to bulk, but i find myself eating the same foods all the time and it's seriously depressing me and i've completely lost all my appetite and am struggling to eat anything at all. :(

I have a very small appetite, always get out eaten at meet ups.
For me helps having a high fibre and carb breakfast, like weetbix or oats for breakfast and I am hungry by 11 o'clock again. If I have something with protein in like beans then I don't get hungry till lunchtime.

Mix it up and try find food and drinks you like.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby tal » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:24 pm

[quote="tomforster"]Recently, i've been trying to bulk, but i find myself eating the same foods all the time and it's seriously depressing me and i've completely lost all my appetite and am struggling to eat anything at all. :(

Why do you find yourself eating the same foods all the time? No wonder you lose your appetite! Mix it up!
tal

Postby tomforster » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:28 pm

[quote="Talyn"][quote="tomforster"]Recently, i've been trying to bulk, but i find myself eating the same foods all the time and it's seriously depressing me and i've completely lost all my appetite and am struggling to eat anything at all. :(

Why do you find yourself eating the same foods all the time? No wonder you lose your appetite! Mix it up!

Because it's the easiest balance of everything i need, i don't live near anywhere that offers any variation in selection at a supermarker or anything. Someone at work baked me a vegan chocolate cake last week and it made me so happy. It's becoming a chore to eat now :( what do you recommend? i'm not a good cook, and i'm pretty lazy but i'll do anything to get feeling a little better.

Luckily i ordered a chocolate milkshake protein mix so my diet won't need to be as protein reliant meaning i can eat more variation i think
tomforster

Postby tal » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:32 pm

[quote="tomforster"]what do you recommend?

Hard to say.

Can you give us an idea of what you normally eat each day, and how many calories per day you are aiming for?
tal

Postby baldy » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:35 pm

[quote="tomforster"]vegan chocolate cake last week and it made me so happy.

Seems like a good solution.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby Goob » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:09 pm

[quote="baldy"][quote="tomforster"]vegan chocolate cake last week and it made me so happy.

Seems like a good solution.

Yep, at least one cake a week and you should be well on your way.

I eat 2 blocks of tofu, 1.5 cups cooked brown rice, and 1 pound of broccoli almost every day. Sometimes I make it into a curry, sometimes a stirfry-ish thing, sometimes i add black beans, mexican spices and hot sauce/salsa and most of the time it's microwaved in a giant measuring pitcher. It's pretty easy to make the same thing taste like something else with the right sauce and it doesn't take much cooking ability either.

Then, the rest of the calories are made up with 2-3 protein shakes then burritos, chips, nuts, burgers, sausages, pasta, fruit, cookies, pizza, builder bars, pies, dr pepper, soymilk, peanut butter, chinese/indian takeout whatever is cheap and convenient.

Other than that, it just takes time to get used to eating a lot. When I first started I could barely get down 2800 calories and now that is nothing for me and I can get 4000+ with a little effort.
[quote="Mikhail Koklyaev"]Benedikt he is deadlift god , I'm only amateur
Goob

Postby tomforster » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:20 am

[quote="Talyn"][quote="tomforster"]what do you recommend?

Hard to say.

Can you give us an idea of what you normally eat each day, and how many calories per day you are aiming for?

My normal days food

3 Shredded wheat w/soy milk
4 slices of granary bread with a tin of beans
50g of mixed seeds
dry cheerios
smoothie

Jacket potato/w beans
multiseed porridge mix
soy yoghurt

Wholewheat pasta w/broccoli, carrot and either tomato sauce or gravy
chocolate soy milk
bag of crisps

ive been over 3000 calories which ive put on about 6 pounds in around 20 days, i'd like to eat more calories but give how exhausting it is to eat those, i don't think thats very achievable at the minute
tomforster

Postby ninearms » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:34 am

[quote="tomforster"][quote="Talyn"][quote="tomforster"]what do you recommend?

Hard to say.

My normal days food

3 Shredded wheat w/soy milk
4 slices of granary bread with a tin of beans
50g of mixed seeds
dry cheerios
smoothie

Jacket potato/w beans
multiseed porridge mix
soy yoghurt

Wholewheat pasta w/broccoli, carrot and either tomato sauce or gravy
chocolate soy milk
bag of crisps

ive been over 3000 calories which ive put on about 6 pounds in around 20 days, i'd like to eat more calories but give how exhausting it is to eat those, i don't think thats very achievable at the minute

You've put on 6 pounds in 20 days and you want to eat more? I assume you're aiming to get fat then?

My advice: learn to be a better cook, eat food because you enjoy it, don't get sucked into eating for eating's sake.

Also: eat more avocados. I suggest at least 2 a day. Just 1 seems wrong.
“Begin at the beginning,” the King said gravely, “and go on till you come to the end. Then stop.”
ninearms
Perked Member

Postby tomforster » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:18 am

[quote="ninearms"][quote="tomforster"]
You've put on 6 pounds in 20 days and you want to eat more? I assume you're aiming to get fat then?

My advice: learn to be a better cook, eat food because you enjoy it, don't get sucked into eating for eating's sake.

Also: eat more avocados. I suggest at least 2 a day. Just 1 seems wrong.

I weighed 10 stone for a 6 foot tall guy, i've had to stop doing Hockey temporarily because i lose weight when i'm doing my full quota of Hockey even eating 3000 calories so i'm having to tone it down.

i've only tried avacados once, i may start eating them more if you think so :)
tomforster

Postby mouche » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:59 pm

Looks like you're eating quite a lot of bulky foods which are an effort to eat - if you want to up calories with less effort, eat some more nut/seed butters, avocado as ninearms said, and junk food!

For example:
- instead of a bag of crisps, have some pitta or crackers with hummus
- eat fruit dipped in nut butter
- butter (or vegan equivalent, obviously) your granary bread
- make yourself curries and stir-fries with coconut milk/cream
- add protein powder and/or nut butter to your smoothie
- add sugar or other full-fat sweetener to your porridge, smoothie, yoghurt
- cake, chocolate, marzipan, ice cream

But yeah, as everyone said, just have some fun with it. Find new foods you like to eat, try cooking food from different cuisines, try new crazy combinations, just enjoy it.
mouche

Postby sergio » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:22 pm

[quote="tomforster"]Does anybody else have a problem with appetite?

Recently, i've been trying to bulk, but i find myself eating the same foods all the time and it's seriously depressing me and i've completely lost all my appetite and am struggling to eat anything at all. :(

Me.

I'm naturally more inclined to eat salads and light meals during summertime so it has been difficult this last month. Just ½ kg. Hardline bulkers won't approve this, but I've been eating much less the days I don't train. Then if I hit the gym I eat like a gorilla without imposing myself too much. It's also getting too expensive.

By the way, 500 gr of tempeh, 6 euros. Best deal I've ever find, but still too expensive, I only buy it once in a while. But it's much better than tofu. :roll:
I accidentally replaced all of my blood with coffee.
sergio

Postby sergio » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:23 pm

[quote="Goob"]I eat 2 blocks of tofu.

Hey, I'm being curious, how much grams each block?
sergio

Postby Goob » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:18 pm

[quote="sergio"][quote="Goob"]I eat 2 blocks of tofu.

Hey, I'm being curious, how much grams each block?

The package says 397 grams

it's this stuff.

It is definitely difficult to eat a lot in the summer, especially when it's ridiculously hot. Tomorrow it's supposed to be 93 fahrenheit and RAINING ALL DAY. That's the awesome kind of weather we have here in florida :lol:
[quote="Mikhail Koklyaev"]Benedikt he is deadlift god , I'm only amateur
Goob

Postby knackers » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:33 pm

Shit... seem to have lost 10kg in the last 2 months.

So Im back here again for some inspiration.
“Animals do have a voice. If you ignore their suffering, I will remind you of it. If you don't understand them, I will translate. If you don't hear them, I will be their voice. You may silence them but you cannot silence me as long as I live.” ~ Anita Mahdessian (C
knackers

Postby sergio » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:50 pm

Oh shit, I just broke a chair.
sergio

PreviousNext

Return to Vegan Diets, Nutrition and Healthy Eating