Water retention

Any queries about vegan diet, nutrition, dieting, bulking and healthy eating in general. Diets and food from vegan perspective.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Water retention

Postby littlegirlbunny » Thu Feb 26, 2004 7:40 pm

Hi All!

I was just wondering if anyone else out there has suffered with water retention, and have they overcome it? Although i lift decent weights for my size, and do much CV, i have little muscle definition. Not ripped in anyway. I eat a clean diet, with very few processed foods - I even make my own bread. One of the physio's at my gym blames it on water retention, and i do indeed suffer puffy ankles etc. But i drink plenty of pure water and dont have alot of salt in my diet. Any ideas?
littlegirlbunny

Postby stateofflux » Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:12 pm

hello and welcome. Could you please add your location to your profile so people would see where you are from? Thanks!

I've had problems with water retention before- mainly because I'm always a bit heavy-handed with my salt intake. You say your diet is healthy, so it may not be that, but do look at your salt intake.

I know stinging nettle tea/infusion is good to drink when you have water retention.

Rochelle
stateofflux
Site Admin

Postby littlegirlbunny » Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:30 pm

Intresting - i've been cultivating the nettles on my allotment this year (he he!) so i'll give that a go! I shall update my profile as requested.
littlegirlbunny

Return to Vegan Diets, Nutrition and Healthy Eating