Bolthouse Farms Fruit Smoothies

Any queries about vegan diet, nutrition, dieting, bulking and healthy eating in general. Diets and food from vegan perspective.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Bolthouse Farms Fruit Smoothies

Postby jamesndawson » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:07 pm

Are these just "glorified fruit juices" or are they significantly more healthy or less unhealthy than most other fruit juices. Sometimes I hunger for the tartness and sweetness of fruit juice and don't feel like making a smoothie. Also, my smoothies, which I sweeten with stevia, just don't taste as good as fruit juice. Does my choice of what "seems" to be a healthier fruit drink make that much of a difference?
James
jamesndawson

Re: Bolthouse Farms Fruit Smoothies

Postby athlegan » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:11 pm

They have some nice ingredients, sure, but most of the contents are juice concentrate, which means the pulp and skin has been removed and thus much of the fruits' nutrients. I'm not entirely sure I get your question but I'd just make my own smoothie, of eat the fruit whole, if I were you. If nutritional benefit is your major concern.
athlegan
Site Admin

Postby vogiama » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:16 pm

I don't know this company, I just took a quick look at their website. Usually, I don't trust these products to replace the everyday smoothie (I consider them as processed products).

Why don't you use another sweetener for your smoothies, instead of stevia? Most of the time, I just add naturaly sweet fruits or nuts, like for example bananas, rippen persimmons, cashews or dates (or other dry fruits that I first soak, so they are soft for my food processor).
vogiama

Postby jamesndawson » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:28 pm

What tastes good to one may not taste good to another. Satiety and deliciousness is subjective. Sometimes I'm too tired to make a smoothie after a day of hard, physical work. So I'm interested in "next best" nutritionally and personally satisfying. Also, I'm undisciplined and lazy. I use bananas often. They're not awful, but I'm not into them. Maybe I'll try some dates.
James
jamesndawson

Return to Vegan Diets, Nutrition and Healthy Eating