Inflammatory Vegan Food Lists?

Any queries about vegan diet, nutrition, dieting, bulking and healthy eating in general. Diets and food from vegan perspective.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Inflammatory Vegan Food Lists?

Postby beforewisdom » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:33 pm

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find a list of vegan foods that increase inflammation, where the list is based on facts and compiled by someone with credentials?
beforewisdom

Re: Inflammatory Vegan Food Lists?

Postby sergio » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:27 am

I'm also really interested in this. IF Ratings were removed from nutritiondata.com (apparently they were outdated) and that was the only source I was using. They still have their own webpage but IF rating charts are realiable?
I accidentally replaced all of my blood with coffee.
sergio

Re: Inflammatory Vegan Food Lists?

Postby beforewisdom » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:47 pm

[quote="sergio"]I'm also really interested in this. IF Ratings were removed from nutritiondata.com (apparently they were outdated) and that was the only source I was using. They still have their own webpage but IF rating charts are realiable?

Even out of date, that site is VERY useful! Thank you.

I know see the importance of not skimping on vegetables. The legumes and grains I looked up almost always had an inflammatory score. However, with eating vegetables that are antiinflammatory ( or taking a teaspoon of ginger or turmeric ) everything balances out.
beforewisdom

Return to Vegan Diets, Nutrition and Healthy Eating