Anyone else love barley?

Any queries about vegan diet, nutrition, dieting, bulking and healthy eating in general. Diets and food from vegan perspective.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Anyone else love barley?

Postby YankeeBC » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:11 pm

I lovvvvvveeee barley, the kind you can make in a rice cooker and spice up is my favorite :D I however do not see it mentioned a whole lot even though it is a great source of fiber and whole grain! I originally discovered it when I first went vegan back in august. I literally went the of dried beans section of the store and bought a bag of everything they had. Since then one of my easy go to dinners is barley and lentils in the rice cooker with some spices (depending on what you want for taste), with a good helping of fresh veggies as well (I only really ever cook potatoes, corn and peas, everything else I hate the taste of once it is cooked/steamed/grilled).

I was wondering if there are any others out there with a love for this awesome whole grain :mrgreen: ?
LIVE KINDLY
YankeeBC

Re: Anyone else love barley?

Postby sergio » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:33 am

Barely (Ba dum tsssss)

I've never tried it, and it's funny because it's quite cheap but it seems its nutritional value is not a big deal. I'll think about give it a try, mix well with lentils you say? I take note :)
I accidentally replaced all of my blood with coffee.
sergio

Return to Vegan Diets, Nutrition and Healthy Eating