According to Eharmony being vegan is "An Eating preference"

Any queries about vegan diet, nutrition, dieting, bulking and healthy eating in general. Diets and food from vegan perspective.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

According to Eharmony being vegan is "An Eating preference"

Postby crazant » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:38 pm

I've recently joined a few dating websites after spliting with my Veggie/Vegan girlfriend and am currently having the internal debate with myself as to whether i could ever date a meat eater...deep down I know i couldn't but i could be on my own for a long time before a veggie/vegan girl comes into my life...I know as a male Vegan i am a pretty rare catch but its finding the girls that are fishing..

Anyway I had this debate with Eharmony a few years ago but put it to the back of my mind , they offered me 3 months for £14 so i signed up again and it all came flooding back...there is no way of finding anyone on that site by their lifestyle choice, they keep matching me with meateaters and seem totally blind to the fact that it matters...

They matched me with someone the other day because they liked "comedy" but in their profile their greatest love was cooking a sunday roast...madness...

So please read my email to them and their reply...I can't believe it, Im sure its the same response I got 3 years ago..

My email:

This is about my 3rd email about the subject and after 3 years i have joined again for 3 months only to find nothing has changed, I can't believe you still don't think being Vegan or veggie is important for matching someone, I have 32 new matches and just because someone likes comedy dosen't make them a match especially as they could work in a Butchers or abatoir...I looked at a profile last night and she looked ok till i get to the bit about her favorite thing was to cook a Sunday roast how is that a match for Vegan me....oh yeah she liked Peter Kay....we'll be perfect then.....
I have no way of telling people I'm Vegan apart from in my questions and there is no way to filter out Vegan/Veggie...I'm sure when you match them to me they open my profile and go oh no he's Vegan....
If two Vegans get together they are already way down the line of being matched....compassionate, caring etc etc...but you still don't think its important where as whether you read crime novels is way up there !!!
I'm sure my chances of finding a Vegan/veggie on eharmony are very slim as none of my matches will have been filtered by that No1 priorty...You are missing a massive market not having it as a major option...but after 3 years of asking you you are obviously not going to change it....

And their reply :

Thank you for contacting eHarmony UK Customer Care.

I appreciate your concern regarding the matches and I can certainly provide you with some clarification. Please note that we do not have the option to match you based on a person eating preference. The matching process at eHarmony is based on our patented Key Dimensions of Compatibility and your personal preferences. First, using your answers from the Relationship Questionnaire, the scientifically-based Compatibility Matching System® identifies individuals with whom you have a great chance for a happy, healthy long-term relationship. Next, we take into account your personal preferences for things like geography, religion, ethnicity, etc. to create a pool of matches for you.

If you do not like match then you may certainly block communication with that match. Further, I see that you have already placed a note in your profile regarding your profile.

I'd like to encourage you to take a look at our success stories page at http://www.eharmony.co.uk/success/stories .

We look forward to helping you find your special someone.

Eating Preference....They just aren't getting the idea are they...ah well...

So I'll continue my search for a Veggie/Vegan partner, Sure it will happen one day but being a quiet shy guy dosen't help.

Anybody got any tips ideas etc or Websites I may have missed that I should be using..
Based in the Uk

Thanks
Anthony
crazant

Re: According to Eharmony being vegan is "An Eating preferen

Postby VeganGraham » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:48 pm

There's plenty of dating agencies out there, it shouldn't be too hard to avoid the ones that don't allow you to specify vegan or vegetarian.
From what I remember, Fitness Singles has got a diet tick box with a Vegan option.
Veggie Romance has got to be worth a try as well.
Worcestershire's fastest veteran vegan mountain bike endurance racer with a beard.
Angry Middle Aged Man
VeganGraham

Location: The banks of the River Severn as it meanders through the sun dappled leafy glades of Worcestershire

Postby crazant » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:37 pm

Yeah do like the Look of Fitness Singles , I tried Veggie romance last time if i was in London it would be a cert...

The big ones ( Match etc) are great for quantity of people... how hard is it to filter by diet !!

Thanks
Anthony
crazant

Postby loveliberate » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:29 pm

OkCupid is free, has a check box to indicate that you are Vegan & also has that as a search option when you're looking for folks. :)
“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." http://www.a-human-right.com - http://www.aware.org
loveliberate

Postby tal » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:57 pm

I wish you the best of luck and can only suggest the same websites that BGW has suggested.

I do find this hilarious in its duplicity though:

[quote] The matching process at eHarmony is based on our patented Key Dimensions of Compatibility and your personal preferences. First, using your answers from the Relationship Questionnaire, the scientifically-based Compatibility Matching System® identifies individuals with whom you have a great chance for a happy, healthy long-term relationship.

So basically, the Computer says No. Talk about hiding behind their technology! Fuck them and their shitty patented system®.
tal

Postby kallefs » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:35 pm

Seems like there, fortunately, are plenty of other sites out there. Love that they have patented the algorithms for long and happy love.

I just have one question, are there really more female than male vegans out there?
Dum di dum!
kallefs

Postby crazant » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:02 pm

Thanks for the replies folks, I' m on OKcupid so we'll see, suppose patience is the game ....

Kalleffs, yes I did a bit of googling and it seems the women out number us 3 :1 , I suppose a vegan women on a dating website wouldn't really be expecting to find many vegan men.....that said it does seem that vegan woman are more likely to accept a non vegan/ veggie partner so that sort of takes the odds down....

Anthony
crazant

Postby silver » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:09 pm

Have you also checked out the real world options, local meet-ups etc?
It's not what you do occasionally that makes a difference, it's that which you do everyday that brings progress.

http://www.thesilverman.co.uk

Strava-https://www.strava.com/athletes/2077466
silver
User Activation Admin

Postby Lordmuppet » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:58 pm

[quote="kallefs"]Seems like there, fortunately, are plenty of other sites out there. Love that they have patented the algorithms for long and happy love.

I just have one question, are there really more female than male vegans out there?

Obviously facebook fans of greatveganathletes.com are not entirely representative of vegans in general (or maybe they are?) ...

We've got sample size of 1500 fans with

56% women
43% men
The 1% probably don't state gender

If people want then at some point I'll enable Google Analytics gender stats for here and GVA. The facebook info will be more reliable though as Google is guessing gender.

Edited to add: Veganfitness.net facebook has sample size of just under 1500

Women 60%
Men 39%
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby Koa » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:28 am

If you come to NL you can try this:

https://www.vegadates.com/nl/home
Squat - 170kg
DL - 200kg
BP - 110kg
OHP - 75kg

"How can you run when you know" -Neil Young
Koa

Postby SinnerLloyd » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:57 am

[quote="loveliberate"]OkCupid is free, has a check box to indicate that you are Vegan & also has that as a search option when you're looking for folks. :)

Yea, i saw that too. Was pretty cool. I was told that cupidswand has it as well. Haven't tried it yet but you can see whats it about here at http://www.freedatinghelper.com/reviews/cupidswand-com/
SinnerLloyd

Postby Knight of Albion » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:56 pm

How did you get on? I hope you found someone.

Being a kindred spirit is certainly a monumental head start, but you can't help who you fall in love with so it may not be a matter of choice!

I'm all for vegans mixing. It gets the message across - good example is the best teacher.
Sure some people will sneer but others will listen to what you have to say (Though you need to present it in a balanced way - over-zealousness and aggressive attitude won't get you anywhere) and what you are doing - and why.

I find people are more open-minded nowadays. It wasn't so long ago when most people didn't even know what a vegan was! and vegetarians were "sandal-wearing bunny huggers"!
All this talk of religion but it's how you live your life that is the all-important thing.
If you set out each day to do all the goodness and kindness that you can and to do no harm to man or beast, then you are walking the highest path.
And when your time is up, if you can leave the earth a better place than you found it, then yours will have been a life well lived.
http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Knight of Albion

Return to Vegan Diets, Nutrition and Healthy Eating