Refreezing vegan desserts?

Any queries about vegan diet, nutrition, dieting, bulking and healthy eating in general. Diets and food from vegan perspective.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Refreezing vegan desserts?

Postby muchluv » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:14 pm

It is said that you shouldn't refreeze then eat frozen ice cream if it is melted. Same with meat. But in what way does this apply to vegan products?

I bought some vegan 'ice cream' yesterday, and it fully melted before I refreezed, but I haven't eaten it yet. It was probably out of a freezer for around 3 hours.

ingredients: coconut milk, concentrated apple juice, glucose, fat reduced dark chocolate, cocoa powder,sugar, chicory root, xanthan gum, caramel flavour vanilla flavour

Any thoughts? reading through i cant see anything suspicious
Although the effeminate nature of my username may suggest otherwise, my gender actually falls into the male category.
muchluv
The VF YouTube Guvnor

Re: Refreezing vegan desserts?

Postby ninearms » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:38 pm

If you refreeze it even if you don't die it will be full of crystals because it won't be churned whilst freezing and your freezer won't be cold enough to freeze it very quickly.
“Begin at the beginning,” the King said gravely, “and go on till you come to the end. Then stop.”
ninearms
Perked Member

Re: Refreezing vegan desserts?

Postby thestoatyone » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:54 pm

Coconut milk might give it enough fat to stop this being to bad though? You'l be safe, just try stirring it regularly as it freezes.
Vincit omnia pertinax virtus

My Log

[quote="muchluv"]When I grow up I want to be Gelert.
thestoatyone

Return to Vegan Diets, Nutrition and Healthy Eating