Question On Vegan Eating And A Hotter Body Temperature

Any queries about vegan diet, nutrition, dieting, bulking and healthy eating in general. Diets and food from vegan perspective.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Question On Vegan Eating And A Hotter Body Temperature

Postby leenasowambur » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:48 pm

Hi there I have a question on vegan eating and body temperature. It would seem that in recent weeks my skin temperature after training is apparently immensely hot. This is feedback from people around me who have touched me and asked me if I'm running a fever or some other comment to indicate that I feel hot to them. I, personally feel great! I don't feel hotter or colder in relation to my environment though I have found I can't warm up in a swimming pool below 28C and I have always trained before hand.

I'm not worried about this in the slightest. Just curious if this is a fun side effect of being a clean eating, superfoods, plant protein vegan.

:D
leenasowambur

Re: Question On Vegan Eating And A Hotter Body Temperature

Postby loveliberate » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:03 pm

I've long thought that vegans are on average quite a bit hotter than not-yet-vegans! ;-p

I don't know if it has much to do with being vegan but I do often seem to be more comfortable at lower ambient temperatures than many folks around me...
“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." http://www.a-human-right.com - http://www.aware.org
loveliberate

Postby leenasowambur » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:26 am

A couple of folks who have commented on my body temperature have told me that they're aware that their circulation isn't so good. They aren't vegan either btw. Who knows - I thought I would ask here as I haven't found a thing about it on Google.
leenasowambur

Postby pseudoprometheus » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:23 am

Huh, this is the first time I've heard of anyone suggesting that veganism could be tied to changes in body temperature. I, myself, never noticed a significant change, though my transition to veganism was nearly 8 years ago. :)
... wait, what?
pseudoprometheus

Return to Vegan Diets, Nutrition and Healthy Eating