"Whole Food" Diet?

Any queries about vegan diet, nutrition, dieting, bulking and healthy eating in general. Diets and food from vegan perspective.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

"Whole Food" Diet?

Postby ninearms » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:43 am

Remind me not to come to dinner at any of your houses.
“Begin at the beginning,” the King said gravely, “and go on till you come to the end. Then stop.”
ninearms
Perked Member

Re:

Postby Fallen_Horse » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:55 am

[quote="ninearms"]Remind me not to come to dinner at any of your houses.

Oh don't get me wrong, my fridge has Vegenaise, Gardein, maple syrup, vegan honey mustard dressing, etc., etc. I am just discussing an IDEAL vegan diet, not one that I am actually mentally capable of subscribing to. :D :P
Lovin' it!
Fallen_Horse

Re:

Postby jpowell » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:32 am

[quote="ninearms"]Remind me not to come to dinner at any of your houses.

Sure

1) Food for me is not primarily a social/aesthetic thing, it is primarily about nutrition to fuel what I am trying to do, including sporting goals.

2) Personal preferences and maybe perspective/awareness, but you really can cook food which is quite as tasty, probably much more so without a whole lot of processed "stuff" like tofu, supermarket salad dressings and sauces, mock meats, mock eggs, etc. It just takes a little more time, imagination and experimentation. You WOULD enjoy dinner at my parents' place in the unlikely event you were invited... and I CAN cook/eat like them when I so choose. (They eat sunflower oil, which probably would be ruled out of Fallen Horse's list, but for me, a substitute like cold pressed Macadamia oil that is (a) slightly more natural and (b) has a better fatty acid profile, is in. Other than that, my parents eat pretty much as he has described most of the time (they very occasionally consume "free range" eggs and dairy products, which I don't happen to approve of, nor is it relevant except as a side note disclaimer - they are not perfect), they have been like this for at least 40 years, are in their sixties, still reasonably physically active/fit, and in above average health for their age)
jpowell

Previous

Return to Vegan Diets, Nutrition and Healthy Eating