Tempeh starter in the UK

Any queries about vegan diet, nutrition, dieting, bulking and healthy eating in general. Diets and food from vegan perspective.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Tempeh starter in the UK

Postby daf » Tue May 22, 2012 1:02 pm

Anyone in the UK got access to a reliable source of tempeh starter? I've done a bit of googling and failed so far.
Can't be arsed to make my own tofu, there doesn't seem to be a great cost-saving in it on a small scale, but I can't get tempeh locally so advantages of DIY are high...
---
I need a remedy of diesel and dust, something I can taste with a fix I can trust.
daf

Re: Tempeh starter in the UK

Postby baldy » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:24 pm

Did you find any? This would be fun project to try.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby Adena » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:44 pm

I'm surprised tempeh is so hard to find in Wales. It's everywhere here! I don't even have to make a trip to the local co-op, it's in all the normal grocery stores.
Adena

Postby hardcore iv » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:29 pm

http://www.gemcultures.com/soy_cultures%20Without%20Kit%20Special.htm These folks can send you some tempeh starter from the U.S.
"When you are born, you are set forth to die. The fact that you live or don't live between these two dates depends solely upon your own will, opportunities and desires. The weight exerciser, of course, indicates that he chooses to live." Joseph Curtis Hise
hardcore iv

Postby daf » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:09 pm

Cheers mate, I'll check them out.
---
I need a remedy of diesel and dust, something I can taste with a fix I can trust.
daf

Return to Vegan Diets, Nutrition and Healthy Eating