[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
• View topic - Turning into a fat bastard

Turning into a fat bastard

Any queries about vegan diet, nutrition, dieting, bulking and healthy eating in general. Diets and food from vegan perspective.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Turning into a fat bastard

Postby Goob » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:55 pm

I have a new goal of doubling my bodyweight from when I first started lifting. I imagine the fastest way is to just stuff my face constantly till I weigh ~140 kg, but that will for sure be mostly fat. Ideally I'd want to be in a fat Travis Ortmeyer kind of shape and hopefully half as strong. Anyone here have experience in going from skinny as fuck to fat bastard?
[quote="Mikhail Koklyaev"]Benedikt he is deadlift god , I'm only amateur
Goob

Re: Turning into a fat bastard

Postby baldy » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:13 pm

Bulkers corner? There was a discussion about it a while ago and I think most people talked about 10-12kg a year was possible.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby JP » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:21 pm

lol, crazy goal :D

beware, some guys who have bulked to about 140-150 mark said it was the worst thing ever, because its taking them twice as long to lose the fat afterwards!
JP
Site Admin

Postby tal » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:31 pm

140kg? Why so much? Good luck with your being fat and miserable goals in 2012.
tal

Postby JP » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:37 pm

miserable? Travis ortmayer is anything but! :D
JP
Site Admin

Postby Goob » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:49 pm

[quote="baldy"]Bulkers corner? There was a discussion about it a while ago and I think most people talked about 10-12kg a year was possible.

I almost posted this there, but I am looking at many options and some of them are not fit for bulkers corner because of intermittent fat loss stages and other such nonsense :D . I know what is considered possible, but I am working on figuring out the most efficient way of meeting my goal. It's going to be ludicrously difficult no matter how I do it, so I'd like as many opinions as possible.

[quote="JP"]lol, crazy goal

beware, some guys who have bulked to about 140-150 mark said it was the worst thing ever, because its taking them twice as long to lose the fat afterwards!

That is one of the things I am concerned about which is why I am considering a rotating diet with bulking and fat loss phases. The problem with that being muscle and strength being lost with the fat. The other option is more of a "slow bulk" with fat loss stages as necessary to keep from being a blob. But, that will be much more difficult to accurately monitor progress or lack of it.

[quote="Talyn"]140kg? Why so much? Good luck with your being fat and miserable goals in 2012.

:lol: 140 kg because it's a good round number. I'd be happy with 138 kg really because that would actually be double my starting bodyweight last year. But, really I don't think it's quite so much for someone 1.90 meters tall. There was a guy at my gym last year that weighs 135 kg and he is about 7 or 8 cm shorter than me. That's about the size I want to be and I might as well go the little bit further to double my bodyweight if I've gone that far already.

Also, not trying for 140 kg this year, that would make me fat for sure, but how can anyone be miserable eating that much ice cream?
Goob

Postby knackers » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:35 pm

Re: Original Post

I have went from skinny as fuck to bigger, but far from fat bastard....yet

I weighed 85kg at the start of October 2011, I tipped the scales at 107kg at the start of January last month. Thats 22kg in 3 months.

We are the same height too.

Weight-training was 3 days a week for the first few weeks, then 6 days a week the rest of this time.
Last edited by knackers on Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Animals do have a voice. If you ignore their suffering, I will remind you of it. If you don't understand them, I will translate. If you don't hear them, I will be their voice. You may silence them but you cannot silence me as long as I live.” ~ Anita Mahdessian (C
knackers

Postby sosso » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:40 pm

Why not just go for Brian Shaw's weight? 210 kg.
sosso

Postby tal » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:41 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSJQEl5vcAo[/youtube]
tal

Postby knackers » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:03 am

Mikhail Koklyaev at 140kg BW, 6ft 4" (193cm's)

“Animals do have a voice. If you ignore their suffering, I will remind you of it. If you don't understand them, I will translate. If you don't hear them, I will be their voice. You may silence them but you cannot silence me as long as I live.” ~ Anita Mahdessian (C
knackers

Postby Goob » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:05 am

[quote="knackers"]Re: Original Post

I have went from skinny as fuck to bigger, but far from fat bastard....yet

I weighed 85kg at the start of October 2011, I tipped the scales at 107kg at the start of January last month. Thats 22kg in 3 months.

We are the same height too.

Weight-training was 3 days a week for the first few weeks, then 6 days a week the rest of this time.

22 kg in 3 months is insane. I think it took me about 6 months to go from 69 kg to 83 kg. I can eat a lot more now though, so I could get really fat pretty quickly if I need too :lol:

[quote="sosso"]Why not just go for Brian Shaw's weight? 210 kg.
I'm thinking my fingers would be too fat to hold onto a barbell at that weight, so that's a no go. He is like 5 inches taller than me, so it works for him. If I was younger I think I'd go for like 160-165 though.

@rag on a stick, that's a good idea, why didn't I think of that?
Goob

Postby chewybaws » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:08 am

I think as long as your gaining weight and lifting, you're going to get stronger. I doubt the rate at what you get stronger will increase if you put on 5lbs BW a week rather than 1lb. The only difference will be you'll have a shitload more fat and probably spend a lot more time cutting it.
was there a time we weren't at war; when we knew what our hearts and hands were for?
chewybaws

Postby baldy » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:34 am

Have you thought about the downsides?
- Buying clothes will be a pain in the arse
- You flexibility will be effected in weird ways, things like talking on a cellphone and your sleeping position will become different/difficult
- You will break regular furniture
- You will snore
- Travelling on a bus/train/plane will be a nightmare
- People will just assume you're a fat bastard

140kg is a rather crackpipe goal, but would take you a long time to get there anyway and at any stage you can say "I am big enough" and just stop.
Interestingly on another strength forum BMI was discussed and we created a little graph.
For geeks -> http://xkcd.com/833/ :)
Most people are about 30 BMI which seems to be a optimal size for strength sports. So maybe that is a more reasonable goal?
Also don't use guys that might be taking PED's for comparison (unless you are planning to take PED's).
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby rattus » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:37 am

DBol, Test, HGH.

Buy a big old american car.

Either push it or pull it everywhere you go.

Simples.
rattus

Postby Goob » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:23 am

[quote="baldy"]Have you thought about the downsides?
- Buying clothes will be a pain in the arse
- You flexibility will be effected in weird ways, things like talking on a cellphone and your sleeping position will become different/difficult
- You will break regular furniture
- You will snore
- Travelling on a bus/train/plane will be a nightmare
- People will just assume you're a fat bastard

140kg is a rather crackpipe goal, but would take you a long time to get there anyway and at any stage you can say "I am big enough" and just stop.
Interestingly on another strength forum BMI was discussed and we created a little graph.
For geeks -> http://xkcd.com/833/ :)
Most people are about 30 BMI which seems to be a optimal size for strength sports. So maybe that is a more reasonable goal?
Also don't use guys that might be taking PED's for comparison (unless you are planning to take PED's).

30 BMI would put me at like 110 kg. My dad weighs 110 kg and he isn't much bigger than an average guy his height. I don't think a 30 bmi is optimal for strength sports either because most of the people at the top of any strength sport are a lot bigger than that. It's more likely an optimal size for people that want to compete seriously in strength sports without interfering with their abilities in different types of activities.

Today I looked at the weigh in chart from the bench/dead contest at my gym in november and all the big guys are over 275 lbs (125 kg.) The biggest guy weighs 318 lbs (144 kg) and he can get clothes his size, will fit in a bus and can talk on a cell phone. Most americans are fat bastards now too, so if anything I will stand out less at 140 kg and I will deal with snoring if that becomes an issue. Also, if at any point in my life I am big enough to break furniture I can die happy.

I don't want to be ripped, I don't care about abs, and I don't want to be reasonable. I just want to be huge and as strong as I can possibly be. This isn't a short term thing for me, it is a lifetime goal. I'm not sure whether I will stay at 140 kg, but I will weigh that much at some point before my 35th birthday.
Goob

Next

Return to Vegan Diets, Nutrition and Healthy Eating