[quote="mtns"]I have been trying to lose this last 9 lbs. for about 4 months. I started lifting heavy weights about the end of December. I am noticing some more muscle, I just can't seem to lose the rest of this weight around my stomach. This is what I typically eat.
By the way, I am 5'7
B: 1/2- 1/4 c.(dry measure) Oatmeal with 1/4c. pumpkin, 13 raisins and a little stevia.
2B: on days when I workout early I will eat the 1/4c. oatmeal before I leave and then have a green smoothie with spinach, sun warrior protein powder, and 1 c. blueberries.
L: Ususally a big salad with a homemade dressing ( no oil, if I don't have a protien I will add garbanzo beans to my salad), usually mexican food, hashbrowns, potatoes, or sweet potatoes, or homemade soup
S: is either my green smoothie if I didn't have it for breakfast, or an apple with a rice cake and a 1 tbsp. natural peanut butter or sweet potato
D: is usually the same as lunch. I ususally have leftovers from dinner for lunch. Once week I have stirfry with tofu and rice. I also like to make black bean burgers too. Then I usually have some sort of veggie.
S: is usually 1/4-1/2 c. oatmeal or banana ice cream
- I think it's possible you are underestimating your calories at least somewhat. It looks like your breakfast and late night snack add up to over 600 calories and maybe 700 on their own. Do you have soy milk with this as well? (BTW, I don't necessarily think 600 calories is a high number).
- Your diet is heavy on the carbohydrates. You should consider drastically reducing your carbohydrate intake after lunch. Maybe 1 small sweet potato, but axe the rice, bun and or oatmeal after lunch.
- Consider making stirfry tofu with veggies more often and eating that instead.
- Nothing wrong with 2 protein shakes a day. You should strongly consider adding in flax oil or coconut milk or chia seeds to your shake(s) as well.
- Your diet is also low on healthy fats. See above. Try to get omega fats from flax oil, chia seeds and DHA. Replace some of your carbs with fats.
- Ice cream is just frozen sugar water. Toss it.
- Cardio - 35-45 minutes is long for an interval session. How hard are you working? Interval lengths?