Gain weight, Industrialized foods, I'ts possible ?

Any queries about vegan diet, nutrition, dieting, bulking and healthy eating in general. Diets and food from vegan perspective.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Gain weight, Industrialized foods, I'ts possible ?

Postby NSixx » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:13 am

Excuse for my english, I'm from Chile

My question, it is possible to gain weight without eating food industrialized ? I'm trying but I can not go from 1.7k kcal /day (I'm 1,75m and 53 Kg)

According to Cron-o-meter:

Breakfast
5 Bananas
20g Oats
20g Soy Milk Powder

635Kcal / 21g Protein / 145g Carb / 3.5g Fat

Lunch
150g Grains (Beans, lentils, Soybean,...)
100g Potato
100g Broccoli
100g Lettuce

340 Kcal / 20g Protein / 65g Carb / 1.5g Fat

Dinner
250g Mango
5 Bananas
20g Oat
20g Soy Milk Powder

750 Kcal / 11g Protein / 182g Carb / 3.9g Fat

= 1725 Kcal / 52g Protein / 392g Carb / 8.93 Fat
NSixx

Re: Gain weight, Industrialized foods, I'ts possible ?

Postby dublin dave » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:44 pm

I would suggest adding a mid-afternoon snack. 100g of cashew nuts would give you an extra 580 calories and 17g of protein.
dublin dave

Postby blinki » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:12 pm

If the afternoon snack isn't getting your calories high enough then lunch is your obvious short fall of calories so you could just eat a bigger serving. If you are finding it tough to eat the amount you need to (personally it takes me a few days of struggling with it to get my body used to higher calorie) then smoothies might be a good way to go. Your breakfast could be turned into a smoothie- though that many bananas might need more soy milk- and you might find it makes it easier to chuck some more in
blinki

Postby baldy » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:37 pm

What exactly do you mean by food industrialized and does soya milk not fall into this category? :?
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby NSixx » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:26 pm

[quote="baldy"]What exactly do you mean by food industrialized and does soya milk not fall into this category? :?

Sorry guy, I forgot to say this is the "only" industrialized product that will consume :oops:

How many calories do I need to consume in order to gain weight ? My teacher said 3.5k / 4k but I thought an exaggeration
NSixx

Postby baldy » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:10 pm

[quote="NSixx"][quote="baldy"]What exactly do you mean by food industrialized and does soya milk not fall into this category? :?

Sorry guy, I forgot to say this is the "only" industrialized product that will consume :oops:

How many calories do I need to consume in order to gain weight ? My teacher said 3.5k / 4k but I thought an exaggeration

I dont understand the rules of this diet, why not add doughnuts to the list?
The amount of calories depends on how much you train. What training are you doing?
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby fredrikw » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:14 pm

Measuring how many calories you eat is pretty easy, it's how much you spend which is practically impossible to measure (which is needed to know how much you must eat to gain weight). An easier solution is to increase how much you eat until you start gaining weight. Gaining weight is not complicated, it's all about over eating (which of course can be hard in itself, but that's another issue :))
--- non-racers. the emptiness of those lives shocks me ---
fredrikw
Site Admin

Return to Vegan Diets, Nutrition and Healthy Eating