FAT LOSS CHALLENGE

Any queries about vegan diet, nutrition, dieting, bulking and healthy eating in general. Diets and food from vegan perspective.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Re: FAT LOSS CHALLENGE

Postby LvH » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:52 pm

[quote="vegansludge"] After today's carb-ocolypse, I'm dropping them starting tomorrow to prepare for the weekend as well.

carb-ocalypse :lol:

[quote="vegansludge"] IIFYM or die.

hardcore!!! 8)
LvH

Postby LvH » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:54 pm

4th WEEK UPDATE!!! And let's post our totals since the start of the challenge!

If anyone wants to keep going, reply, and we will!

Thank you to everyone who wrote, I know it really helped me and I'm sure it helped other people too!
LvH

Postby LvH » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:24 am

My 4th week: only 1 lb lost :( but at least it's another loss!! :) One thing I can improve compared to last week, is to make sure I get enough sleep!! I'm still doing the higher protein level and I like it.

TOTAL FOR THE 4 WEEKS: net loss of 3 lbs.

It doesn't sound like much but it was not easy and I'm glad I did it! I will keep going, even if I'm not posting it here every week.

My company gives staff next week off for holidays / New Year's. I'm happy to be on vacation! It's actually easier for me to lose weight when I'm at work, but if I just keep going as I have been, I can continue to make progress!
LvH

Postby baldy » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:59 am

[quote="baldy"]This should be easy, starting weight is 96.78 naked on calibrated scales.

I feared I may have lost weight, but jump on the scale two days ago and was 98kg semi clothed. So probably put on a little weight.
The last couple of days I have been eating like crazy and it will continue for the near future. You skinny people will be owned.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby vegansludge » Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:28 am

[quote="LvH"][quote="vegansludge"] After today's carb-ocolypse, I'm dropping them starting tomorrow to prepare for the weekend as well.

carb-ocalypse :lol:

[quote="vegansludge"] IIFYM or die.

hardcore!!! 8)

Correction: EFMM - Everything Fits My Macros until the holidays are over, as in I am seconding baldy's "You skinny people will be owned" comment.
vegan sludge
vegansludge

Postby LvH » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:41 pm

5th WEEK UPDATE!!!!
LvH

Postby LvH » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:52 pm

Bulkers, everybody knew you'd own the holidays. How nice that you can look back on that for the rest of the year...while we kick your butt!

My 5th week update:
Gained one lb. And it's lucky there was a .4 on the scale and I'm only reporting whole numbers. I really shouldn't be trash talking yet! Moving on...
LvH

Postby kallefs » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:49 pm

Have not weighted myself, will not weight myself. Bet I have outdone Baldy though. Does that mean he have to lose weight to win? Anyway, new report coming end of Jan.
Dum di dum!
kallefs

Postby Jrun » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:39 am

I'll join in for my first day of being a vegan :D!

Start weight: 144lbs
Goal:120
Last edited by Jrun on Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ski freak
Jrun

Postby sixthe » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:33 am

I'll join in too.

Start weight: 142lbs
Eventual goal: 120lbs. Aiming for 130 by the end of the month / reduced waistline

Doing it by running, strength training, walking the dog more and cutting out the fried food (apparently it isn't healthy to live on potato chips)
sixthe

Postby baldy » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:41 am

[quote="kallefs"]Have not weighted myself, will not weight myself. Bet I have outdone Baldy though. Does that mean he have to lose weight to win? Anyway, new report coming end of Jan.

I don't have scales at the moment hence lack of updates. Pretty sure my weight is exactly 98kg as I left it, maybe are ripped (if possible).
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby LvH » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:40 am

Jrun, awesome that you have gone vegan!!!

sixthe, awesome that you joined! Yeah...fried food...crunchy fried food...

kallefs I am right there with you, I'm sure worse. All I can say is that at least we have gotten in some practice doing this now, so that's something good.

baldy I'm sure it could not be possible for you to be more ripped :)
Last edited by LvH on Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
LvH

Postby LvH » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:42 am

6th WEEK UPDATE!!! (Only if you want, it's optional!)
Last edited by LvH on Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
LvH

Postby LvH » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:14 am

My 6th week was so bad, that I have to restart at a higher number than when I started. My new start weight is 135. It was an unusual week (not in a good way).

One point of writing this post is for me to remember: vacations - I HAVE to have at least one running date per week IN ADVANCE of the vacation, since my last couple of vacations I pretty much completely stopped exercising. Planning this and other things in advance should really help.

Otherwise I am not really going to beat myself up about this update. Last week was one of the 2 most stressful times I have had in at least a year, and everything that really matters turned out fine. I am a very fortunate person. Of course there are better ways to cope than eating literally everything and anything vegan, but that's what I did last week.

Haha don't feel bad for me though, I REALLY wasn't justified in being so upset, I just was and there's no point feeling bad about it now! And I'm back at work so I can just do my good work habits again, so that's helpful.
Last edited by LvH on Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
LvH

Postby Jrun » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:27 am

I think ill weigh my self after tomorrow because im going skiing for 5hrs tomorrow! (wooo)..and i had alout of potato chips because I was waiting for the locksmith to come to the store and open the locked car door lol...

other then that i've been cross country skiing every day for at least 30minutes and every tuesday and saturday 5hrs of downhill skiing! So I hope I'm losing weight with that kind of effort :D
ski freak
Jrun

PreviousNext

Return to Vegan Diets, Nutrition and Healthy Eating