Fat loss group?

Any queries about vegan diet, nutrition, dieting, bulking and healthy eating in general. Diets and food from vegan perspective.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Re: Fat loss group?

Postby Talyn » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:47 am

erikiva wrote:Anyone still interested in this? I don't know where to start and I need to lose 10Kg (22 pounds?), I am not sure what I am doing wrong, apart from needing to start doing more exercise, I barely eat processed foods, I basically cook stews with vegetables and legumes and I eat fruit, some nuts, I eat some white rice and the occasional cake but I can't see how that justifies the fact that I seem to put on more weight.

Any suggestions? Anyone knows of a diet and exercise plan that is good to get started?

A good starting point is to eat at a set level for a few weeks and try and work out how many calories you need to maintain your current weight. For example, for three weeks eat 1800 calories a day and see what your weight does. If it stays the same then try reducing it a little at a time, and monitor the results. Factor in any extra cardio you do, but try not to overestimate it.

Eating healthy is great but in terms of body composition, it is irrelevant. So white rice and the occasional cake aren't going to contribute to weight-loss/weight-gain anymore than eating the same amount of calories in fruits or nuts.

Start simple, don't rush it. But do keep us updated and let us know if you need any further help.
Talyn
User Activation Admin

Previous

Return to Vegan Diets, Nutrition and Healthy Eating