Breakfast

Any queries about vegan diet, nutrition, dieting, bulking and healthy eating in general. Diets and food from vegan perspective.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Re: Breakfast

Postby SwissBarb » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:57 am

Oat/soy/millet flakes (4-5 tbs)
Chia seeds (1 small tsp)
Soy proteins (1 tsp)
Chopped up dry dates (4-5 big ones)
Cinnamon
Dry fruit bits (pineapple for example)
Nuts/almonds

I let everything soak in rice or soy milk all night, and sometimes add a bit of homemade marmalade to the mix before eating it. Very tasty plus I am rarely hungry before 1 pm, when I take my lunch break.
SwissBarb

Postby Mark Osborne » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:55 pm

I usually have a bowl filled with
- fresh fruit
- Ezekiel 4:9 Organic Sprouted Whole Grain Cereal
- Granola
- Chia seeds
- Hemp milk
Mark Osborne

Postby barnz2k » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:59 pm

potato waffles with vegemite/jam/PB. Upping from 2 to 4 from tomorrow!

and a Shake:
banana
scoops Pea Protein Isolate
OJ
strawberries and blueberries
coconut milk
barnz2k

Postby Alistar » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:40 am

Breakfast means nothing to me. Its just something to do to start the day, and a pre cursor to get out the door to work. So I don't really give 2 shits about it. Don't expect it to be particularly amazing so am never disapointed. :wink: Same for lunch. Its just fuel. But dinner? Now thats something I'm a bit more passionate about. :D
Been a bit lazy recently. Used to always make porridge with soymilk and organic raisins/mollases, but now its just half soy milk/half boiling water on usually 4 weetbix( or 5 if I'm doing over 3+rides a week) and brown or muscovado sugar.
Alistar

Postby Mr. Cleetus » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:07 am

baldy wrote:...
- potato waffles...

How do you make these?
Mr. Cleetus

Postby baldy » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:18 am

Mr. Cleetus wrote:
baldy wrote:...
- potato waffles...

How do you make these?

In the toaster.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby Rochellita » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:09 pm

powerlifer wrote:Dried white mulberries are awesome and super moreish, they are pretty high in protein for a dried berry if i remember also per weight.

Not sure about the protein content but it was love at first bite for me. It's like eating a bag of toffees. Nice in a snack bag mix with almonds and/or walnuts.

Bob- you can order white mulberries cheaply from healthysupplies, along with other stuff. They are pretty good and post anywhere in Europe. My friend in Denmark orders from them because they have such good deals.
Rochellita
Site Admin

Postby powerlifer » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:22 pm

Nice site will check them out flux, but yeah mulberries are class they are very moreish hard to put them down once you start.

Not that, that is a bad thing whilst bulking. Im like that with all dried fruit actually although more so with the mulberries. Have you tried raw incan berries. They are very tart and sour but again moreish and very healthy.
Organic Herbal Products, Vega Cellular Foods, Vitashine Vegan Vitamin D3 Spray + More
http://www.amlaberry.co.uk
powerlifer

Postby vegan hal » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:54 pm

every day.... a big bowl of 1/3 granola, 2/3 grape nuts (cereal), scoop of flax meal, handful of blueberries, sliced strawberries, and soy milk. then orange juice and 2-3 cups of coffee. never tire of it.

what's sick is that even when my wife makes her famous and super delicious vegan pancakes, waffles or other goodies, i still prefer my aforementioned breakfast. Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day.
vegan hal

Postby knackers » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:37 am

tempeh with peanutbutter

1) cut tempeh into desired thickness
2) fry tempeh strips in olive oil
3) apply liberal coating of peanutbutter
4) enjoy

1 packet of tempeh = 45grams high quality protein
“Animals do have a voice. If you ignore their suffering, I will remind you of it. If you don't understand them, I will translate. If you don't hear them, I will be their voice. You may silence them but you cannot silence me as long as I live.” ~ Anita Mahdessian (C
knackers

Postby powerlifer » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:30 am

Must pick up some tempeh again soon been a while.

Baldy i notice you said you stick them waffles in the toaster, does that actually work? I thought they were meant for the oven.
Organic Herbal Products, Vega Cellular Foods, Vitashine Vegan Vitamin D3 Spray + More
powerlifer

Postby baldy » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:57 am

powerlifer wrote:Baldy i notice you said you stick them waffles in the toaster, does that actually work? I thought they were meant for the oven.

It works like a dream! I have at least a couple of toasted potato waffles a day.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby powerlifer » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:09 am

baldy wrote:
powerlifer wrote:Baldy i notice you said you stick them waffles in the toaster, does that actually work? I thought they were meant for the oven.

It works like a dream! I have at least a couple of toasted potato waffles a day.

Sweet i must give this a try would save alot of hassle. Do they take quite a while in the toaster? If i remember they take a fair bit in the oven.
powerlifer

Postby baldy » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:12 am

powerlifer wrote:Sweet i must give this a try would save alot of hassle. Do they take quite a while in the toaster? If i remember they take a fair bit in the oven.

2 - 3 normal toast cycles. They are great in a sandwich with baked beans and some mayo.
baldy
Site Admin

Postby barnz2k » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:41 pm

10min usually does it. Assuming the 5 on my toaster means 5 min... 2 cycles and theyre slightly crispy
barnz2k

PreviousNext

Return to Vegan Diets, Nutrition and Healthy Eating